• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wondering if this i worth it Summa DC-4

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
Hello
I am in Glendale AZ and have a small sign shop and have been in the busines over 30 years. In that time I have done many different kinds of printing but never have had the opportunity to do anything with Thermo print/cut like this SUmma dc-4 that I have a chance to buy. I like the option because when I ran my own Epson printer since I am a small shop the printheads constantly got clogged if the printer sat idle for even a day. It seems these printers can go for a while without using and print very well off the start. The printer is only $700 so I am really thinking about buying it but wanted to hear what others say about it..
Thanks

FrankW

I like the DC.

Most files are needing preparation to pull the most out of it (assigning spot colors for example), the production price is higher than with ink jet, photo quality is poor compared to ink jet, it prints vinyl only, and the printer have a more or less visible banding line every around 9-10cm (width of the ribbons) … but the results when printing with spot colors, white or metallic are amazing.

As long as not wanting to replace an inkjet with it, just using it for Jobs where it is mentioned for, it is a really cool machine.