• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Won't read dongle....

RiXaX

I bought a new computer, 64 bit Windows 7, and loaded my 7.62 and it won't read the USB dongle. The dongle works on the other computers so I know it's good. What configuration might work? I know many said they still get this to work, so I need some help please.

This is Flexi Pro.
Also, on my installation notes from previous installs, I typed in the code in lower case characters. Windows 7 made them upper case even with the caps turned off.

Thank you.

AzGene

I had the same problem with some engraving software a while back. It wouldn't run on a 64 bit OS.

choucove

Before going and changing all your software, I would first check the driver for the USB dongle. Even with the newer versions of Flexi you often have to download and install the sentinel drivers for the dongle before your computer will recognize it. Just do a google search for sentinel or aladdin USB driver and you should find what you need. Install those, then install the Flexi program on your computer and you should be fine.

stickygraphics12

I have Windows 7 Professional 64bit and it will not work with it! You have to go to Microsofts website and download the Virtual Machine & then download Windows XP. It was free for me and I run Flexi 7.6v2 all day! EVERY time you open the virtual machine you will need to go to the top of the screen where it says usb and "attach" the HASP key. It's a little annoying at first, but I got used to it.

choucove

I have Windows 7 Professional 64bit and it will not work with it! You have to go to Microsofts website and download the Virtual Machine & then download Windows XP. It was free for me and I run Flexi 7.6v2 all day! EVERY time you open the virtual machine you will need to go to the top of the screen where it says usb and "attach" the HASP key. It's a little annoying at first, but I got used to it.

Virtual Mode is a free feature of Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate editions only, so if it is the case that Virtual Mode is required to run Flexi 7.6 then hopefully, RiXaX, you have one of these versions on your new computer.

RiXaX

It seems that I need to upgrade the Home Premium version of Windows to a higher version in order to get the XP features to work. I've tried the dongle upgrades and many combination's of installs. Thanks for the help.