• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would like to buy flatbed

Flame

Alright, as part of my year long search for the perfect plotter, I believe what would suit my purpose's best would be a flatbed plotter. 30" x 40" would be definitely sufficient, and I need to make sure I have a good table to suck the material flat, no tension bars or anything etc.

Now... the question is............ who wants to sell me one? Are there any vendors on here that deal with these? Is there anyone wanting to sell a used one? Finding info on flatbed plotters is like pulling teeth. I need a good machine, but sure don't wish to spend $20K+ on a plotter. If you have any info on obtaining one, I would be very interested.

So.... who wants to sell me a flatbed plotter?

jiarby

I wonder if the matt cuting folks (like Wizard) have come up with a straight blade holder for their highly regarded flatbed matt cutters??

I saw them in Feb/Mar this year and they said they were thinking of making a machine to compete in the sign market..but I just check their site and there is no mention of one. Just framing mat cutters.

Flame

I know Graphtec has a line, and so does Summa (atleat I thought so?). But even my local dealers know very little about them.

Input on how well they work and if anyone uses them is also appreciated...

FatCat

I've heard from a good source that Mutoh will be unveiling a new flatbed printer based on their ValueJet line soon. Rumor is it's very similar to the 64" VJ and pricing will be very aggressive compared to other flatbeds.

*Again - just what I've heard. ;-)

Service Sign Co

That's the 1608 hybrid printer,trying to hold out for that one myself,already have info & pricing. Flamey needs a plotter. Gerber is probably the best bet

wow you've FINALLY seen the light. I was trying to pound this into your head months ago. I installed a flatbed at leatherman tool in Wilsonville and Gerber Knives in Beaverton, unfortunately with all of the changes in house of the suppliers in your area I can not recommend anyone but would recommend that you research the equipment yourself and then ask all of them for quotes on the specific equipment you want. For your business this is the right plotter

Flame

Yeah, really didn't want to drop the money... but I figure I'll have to now. After seeing the best Anagraphs, the best Graphtecs and the best Summa's not be able to handle it... time to get away from friction feed and go flatbed.

Gerber... ouch. Just saying their name seems to make my wallet smaller. I bet it's spendy.

The Zund looks nice. I'll try calling them. Thanks for the link!

r&dDave

I know Graphtec has a line, and so does Summa (atleat I thought so?). But even my local dealers know very little about them.

Input on how well they work and if anyone uses them is also appreciated...

I went down this route a year ago. Getting good information was an incredibly frustrating process.

Zund makes very, very nice machines. They are priced accordingly though. MGE sells the Kongsberg line. Had a demo last fall and was impressed with it's capabilities and tool compliment. Not quite as pricey as the Zunds.

http://www.mge-us.com/

I eventually picked up a Graphtec FC2240-120mg. Less than 1/2 the price of the Kongsberg and after 9 months of production with it I have no regrets.

Dave

Robert H. Bigart

Hi Guy

I have been using a Roland flat bed plotter for over 14 years and it works great.

It was kinda pricy at first but saves a lot of material.

Bob Bigart

:thread

47CP

Flame,

I've got a Graphtec 2231-EX flatbed that came with a company I purchased. It has the static holddown.

It is a complete work horse and indispensable now that I have it. It was purchased in 1990-ish to cut magnetic material and sandblast mask and has done so, day after day for that entire time without a single problem.

I'd highly recommend Graphtec brand and the flatbed format in general.

DaveW