• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WRAP BACKGROUND

TRACY GRAY

Anyone familiar with this background? I have a client looking for the same one.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 288

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
But that's why we're here. To help people that would rather waste the same amount of time posting to a forum as it would take to recreate a simple graphic. Didn't you learn anything from Gino's lecture series?:big laugh:
I'll show my ignorance here. I went for years thinking that the people doing these wraps had some sort of legit talent and actually made all of this stuff from scratch. I spent a lot of time learning how to do various effects and things on PS. I always thought I could never make it because I wasn't good enough at these complex graphics and they seemed to be a decent sized chunk of the market. I get it now and have really grown to hate the hodgepodge throw it at the wall look of wraps. The good thing is, I am able to do some cool things but the bad thing is you can buy them already done for 5 bucks so all of that time spent learning was essentially for nothing.

rjssigns

I'll show my ignorance here. I went for years thinking that the people doing these wraps had some sort of legit talent and actually made all of this stuff from scratch. I spent a lot of time learning how to do various effects and things on PS. I always thought I could never make it because I wasn't good enough at these complex graphics and they seemed to be a decent sized chunk of the market. I get it now and have really grown to hate the hodgepodge throw it at the wall look of wraps. The good thing is, I am able to do some cool things but the bad thing is you can buy them already done for 5 bucks so all of that time spent learning was essentially for nothing.

Learning how to create nice graphics is never wasted. When you use prepackaged pieces the finished job reflects that. I run into this with my students. They ask for examples of previous projects for "ideas". I then ask them why they are in class and the unanimous response is...wait for it "..to be graphic designers.." Gets really quiet after that.

TRACY GRAY

Learning how to create nice graphics is never wasted. When you use prepackaged pieces the finished job reflects that. I run into this with my students. They ask for examples of previous projects for "ideas". I then ask them why they are in class and the unanimous response is...wait for it "..to be graphic designers.." Gets really quiet after that.
But that's why we're here. To help people that would rather waste the same amount of time posting to a forum as it would take to recreate a simple graphic. Didn't you learn anything from Gino's lecture series?:big laugh:
I can re-create it. I am actually very good at it but I am on vacation, enjoying my time trying not to work. Client needs it done quickly staff is backed up at home. Thanks for the help though.

jochwat

Graphics Department
It's a shame that people come to a forum named SIGNS 101 looking for assistance or an answer, but first you need to attach your resume and 40 examples of your previous work, lest you be immediately branded as a lazy piece of crap with no skills or experience.