• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Film of Choice

Hey Guys,

We are currently looking to try out some new printable wrap films as we currently use Avery MPI1105 SC paired with DOL1360. Working with the film is great but I have had print issues on the gloss material. I have had "ink smudges" when the print goes up on the take-up roll if the graphic hasn't sat on the heater long enough (and you don't know it has happened until you start to laminate #fml lol). Has anybody else had this issue with this film? How did you overcome it?

I have also seen a lot of workshop videos of the different types of vinyl and they all look great to install so I just want to see what others use as their go-to media for vehicle decals and wraps, and the reason they have stuck with it.

Cheers

steve@nodinx

this is the main product we use as well. i know it may seem elementary but do you reg clean your print heads? Or tighten your printer catch roll? it will help stop the smearing by keeping roll tight and material flat.
Orafal 3751 is also pretty good material.

2B

We are happy with Arlon SLX paired with their 3270
We Print with OEM Eco-Sol, no issues with smudges, and color consistency is good

We stopped using Orafal 3751, imprint was good BUT too aggressive on the initial lay

this is the main product we use as well. i know it may seem elementary but do you reg clean your print heads? Or tighten your printer catch roll? it will help stop the smearing by keeping roll tight and material flat.
Orafal 3751 is also pretty good material.
yup I do a manual clean on the printer every 2 weeks. and its not so much a smear with the print head, but after its gone up the take-up its almost as if the ink isn't fully cured and transfers to the backing as it gets rolled up. The only way I have fixed the issue to change the print speed so the print can stay on the heater longer