• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap layout advice needed

rzr2rocket

I have a 30" printer. How does everyone layout the panels on a dirt late model? For the filler panel, is it common to make that panel run east and west wihile the hood and fenders run north and south? Or would it be better to run everything all east and west?

On the sides of the car would it be better to make it a huge sticker for the side or make the door then make the quarter and so on...

Most drivers door on a dirt late model is 30" tall and I think the max I can print is 28.5". I've heard you can stretch the vinyl to make it cover all 30" or would it be better to make a seperate panel for the additional 1.5"?

Could anyone give me some advice?

speedmedia

I also have a 30" printer if I load 33" film into it I can print 31.5" panels. In this instance I would run one large piece down the side. If you cannot do this then I would panel it but do it towards the bottom so the seam isn't to noticeable.

Not sure who told you to stretch it 2" but I wouldn't advise that.

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

Attachments

• Josh Richards 2.jpg
    Josh Richards 2.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 79

777signs

what 30" printer are you guys using. I do race cars, and have to outsorce my wraps. Would like to be able to print my own with a small printer instead of buying a 48 or 54 inch.

54warrior

While I haven't done the actual printing of any wraps, I have done several designs that were printed and also helped with installing them. They were all done in one piece for the sides. Things were printed on a 54" machine, so we just kept the hood design less than 54" wide so that one strip could be printed to go up the filler panel and hood. I don't see why you couldn't print your 30" wide piece to go side to side across the filler panel then use two 30" wide pieces on the fenders/hood running from filler panel up and towards back of car. Just a matter of getting things all lined up correctly.

customcreations

I do my wraps on 30" no problem. Sides are one piece. Do the hood in 3 pieces. one filler panel then 2 peice the hood itself, going cross wise. Most all the late models and mods are 30" or less around here.