• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap removal pricing

pjfmeister

Can anybody provide some ideas on pricing and what to expect on a wrap removal on a small Shuttle Bus. Full coverage on the bus everything but the roof....
Guess I am looking to guestamate on the # of hours to allow so I can price the removal part of the job....

Also what kind of pre-removal warnings/disclaimers do you give the customer (we didn't do the original wrap)...I don't know what to expect underneath.

thanks for the help

cptcorn

adad
Hourly labor rate, + cleaning materials.

No estimate on time, and not responsible for anything under it. Signed form.

jay*doc

Try and determine if it's laminated or not, that will really help in the removal. If it's got a vinyl overlam on it, removal will typically come off in larger sheets, liquid lam or no lam will give you smaller pieces.

Also, the age and material of the wrap will be helpful, if it's a wrap film, typically you can remove those in up to 3 years with minimal adhesive transfer.

There are exceptions to every rule, but that should help. And go with cptcorns's advise, hourly rate and get a signed waiver. Who knows what that paint looks like underneath, and you don't want to pay to repaint a shuttle!

speedmedia

Hourly labor rate, + cleaning materials.

No estimate on time, and not responsible for anything under it. Signed form.

+1 to this. I will sometimes give an estimate of time but it is always unknown due to not knowing what materials where used and how they where installed etc...

If it is something we did originally it is easier to figure.

Thanks,
Kurt

Circleville Signs

Also - unless this is a SUPER customer - if the vehicle is being stripped at THEIR site, then get a retainer up front. If it is being stripped at your site - don't let it out the door until you're paid.