• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap shop floors?

JoeBoomer

I want to put floor graphics on my entire shop floor (about 20x30').

No heavy equip rolling over other than laminator and my desk chair :).

(I am going to wrap the room from floor to ceiling with graphics so we can show our capabilities to customers and I want to work in outer space or the jungle or similar setting)

1.) Any insight or possible problems with having all floor vinyl down.

2.) Best material? (Using IJ180c w/ Oracal 255AS and /or IJ162 w/ 3645 laminate right now, but open to other materials)

Last edited:

401Graphics

i had a vinyl logo on a painted concrete floor. it pulled up not long after. and i had even seal coated over it.

TheLairdGuy

Hey Joe,

I know MACtac makes a couple items that might work.

StreetRap is a product specially designed to adhere to unsealed concrete or asphalt surfaces. You can use Eco-Solvent, solvent, UV ink jet latex and screen printing. It's designed for a short term application however, so if you want this up for a long time, StreetRap might not be the best.

JT5999R is a product designed for long-term outdoor advertising for window & floor graphics. You can only use solvent ink-jet printing, but it's designed for a more long-term adhesion.

If you have a certain brand you like to use, I'm sure your supplier can suggest comparable alternatives if you just ask.

Best of luck with the project Joe!

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
if you go the space route...

hubblesite.org has incredibly high res shots of nebulae, etc. available for DL for free. Wrapped my PC in it.

boxerbay

if you want it to last use something like ij180 or dpf8000 then use a thick polycarbonate laminate that will hold up to the traffic. be sure to use UL LISTED anti slip laminate. if not you will have the worlds largest indoor hubble space scope jungle slip and slide.