• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping an enclosed trailer

divers2deep

I am wrapping an enclosed trailer that is 3 yrs old. I am trim plates around all edges, i am afraid that the vinyl will not stick to the edge of the trim due to the caulking. What would you recommend ? remove the trim/caulking, lay vinyl underneath and have the customer reseal his unit.... or should i just cut the vinyl at the edge of the trim ??

acothran

On any enclosed trailer or box truck I've wrapped, I've always trimmed the vinyl at the caulk line. Since the bead of caulk is not straight, I always hate the way it looks. Many times I thought about removing the caulk, lay vinyl, and reseal but I didn't want to be responsible in case the trailer leaked some time down the road.

Allen

I Agree Trim it at the chaulk line. Use your sguegee at a 45 deg angle and keep your knife up against it on the outside of you sqguee and you will roll smooth with the chaulk and have a nice tight cut. I wouldnt even think about cleaning out the chaulk to much time