• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping ATV's & Snowmobiles Need Your Opinions

ATD Signs

Hi
I have 2 customers, 1 customer wants me to wrap his ATV with Mossy Oak camo. I know mossy oak is printed on IJ180vc3, but is the adhesive aggressive enough to bond to the atv plastic. Mossy Oak has a u-tube
video and of course they make it look so easy. I just don't want the customer to leave with his machine to go riding in the cold weather & have the wrap vinyl pop loose. This would not look good on my part after I
wrap it.
My 2nd customer has a snowmobile, can I wrap it with IJ180vc3 or Avery MPI 1005 or Oracal 3751GRA and will the vinyl stick, or should I use Convex High Bond,or Arlon DPF8000
Any opinions would be appreciated

reQ

To do it RIGHT, yes, you should use materials that are made for motosport-stuff; dirt bikes/sleds/atvs etc.

There are few different options

1) Convex (most expensive outta 3 of them, works good)
2) Arlon DPF8000 (as you listed, but i heard that some people have problem with adhesive dripping on the printer while printing)
3) Substance (thats what i use, cheaper than convex, more expensive than arlon. Simply awesome material)

All of them are made for low energy surfaces, they stick VERY good.

Also, overlam is very important. I use 10mil, but there are 15-20 mil available, which for me is an overkill, i would recommend 10.

54warrior

+1 for the Substance material

using the 15 mil overlam, it's VERY thick, durable stuff. Application is a breeze

jfiscus

Rap Master
Wrap it with something like convex (or cheaper aggressive material), then wrap over it with the mossy oak camo vinyl.

ATD Signs

To do it RIGHT, yes, you should use materials that are made for motosport-stuff; dirt bikes/sleds/atvs etc.

There are few different options

1) Convex (most expensive outta 3 of them, works good)
2) Arlon DPF8000 (as you listed, but i heard that some people have problem with adhesive dripping on the printer while printing)
3) Substance (thats what i use, cheaper than convex, more expensive than arlon. Simply awesome material)

All of them are made for low energy surfaces, they stick VERY good.

Also, overlam is very important. I use 10mil, but there are 15-20 mil available, which for me is an overkill, i would recommend 10.

Where would I be able to find this Substance vinyl in Canada ?