• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrinkle-free banner?

wes70

As the title says, does anyone know of a printable banner material that is wrinkle or kink free? I could go with a fabric banner, but looking for something durable like scrim.

G-Artist

I wish I could help you but I have yet to come across any material that doesn't cause
problems when improperly handled.

Fresh of the roll it should be perfect.

Are you saying it wrinkles when unspooling?

wes70

I supplied printed 13oz. banners to customer roughly 8 months ago. She called today and was inquiring if there is another banner product that will not crease and wrinkle. I only carry 10oz, 13oz scrim and polypropylene. She said her banners are only used for indoor trade shows and that the banners are creased and wrinkled... so that pretty much told me that they were stored improperly. Anyways, she wants 4 more new banners and asked if there was wrinkle free banner material. I suggest maybe going with fabric banners... maybe I'll just show her (again) how to properly roll a banner.

Mosh

Folding any material is going to crease. We put a small DO NOT FOLD decal on all our banners. Along with telling them to roll it face out (ones with vinyl lettering)
Just how it is.

Mosh

We do a small biz card size one and stick it on the back, along with our logo and website. Great Ad, we have sent banners to all 50 states and you would be suprised how this little decal has gotten us some BIG accounts.

G-Artist

Mosh hit it on the head.

We used to have a plastic tag with banner instructions (DO NOT FOLD - ROLL ONLY!!!) along
with cleaning instructions, our name and number, etc. that we'd use when we had them
sewn after constructing. That and all banners get rolled onto a cardboard core from our
vinyl. They are rolled when the client comes in. We unroll then re-roll and emphasize the need
to always do that when storing.

Don't have those tags anymore and haven't a clue where to get them as the guy in a shop
next to mine made them years ago for us. He died.

We do the same with magnets. Copied the care info from MM (you can get it PDF from their site),
pasted and ganged them in WordPad, printed out a handful, cut them and we STAPLE that
little info sheet to the invoice.

Even if you provide cloth banners if they get folded and placed in the bottom of a box with
a lot of other junk on top they will crease a bit as well. Think of your mom's good tablecloth
she took out on holidays. When first put on the table there were many creases which lessened
with time on the table.

sjm

How do you ship your banners to a client? We find a 3" core for shipping and storage saves many a head ache.

G-Artist

We don't ship much of anything. Customer comes by and picks up or on a large local order
we can deliver.

Drip Dry

How about the material used for a roll-up banner stand. It could be
rolled up pretty tightly and not have any wrinkles. It usually is printed and laminated, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't put vinyl on it.
It may cost a little more, but seems your customer would pay a little more for
the better product.