• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrinkles in canvas; Magiclee from Fellers

tiredcreations

i get my wallpaper material from fellers, as well, and since we're from the same region i wouldn't be surprised if it handles the same way that i've chalked up to being my problem in the past.... Cold storage, colder transportations, and quick load into heated printer.
The theory i've always tagged with this is that as the rollers are pulling cold, heavy (thick canvas, fresh roll), material across a heated platen... And the media is expanding slightly more in the area of tension and causing the ripple effect.

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue works itself out just by walking away for a night and letting the roll sit on the printer. In the morning, loosen some slack off the roll and let the printer feed a few feet against the hanging material, and not the roll itself.... A good first sign is if you can do this while the heaters are turned off. If all looks good, back it up and maybe test print with heater temp. Settings at 75% and take it from there.

lol!

Chuck Osborne

canvas

I have run a few hundred rolls on my fj 500 and never seen
a roll look like that. If it looks like crap on new roll it is.
how wide a roll. I print on 50 inch stuff. It's always smooth
on the roll. also i never use heat.