• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

write port error

rrd

I run a couple of 1204's and one keeps getting a write port error. Both run on same network, routers, and flexi yet one has no issues and one will print 3-10 inches then gets a write port error. Been working on this for like a month and still scratching my head.
I have tried running a direct cat 5 to that machine bypassing 2 switches and have tried multiple cables. I have changed the IP several times, nothing. yep network engineer I'm not.

pjfmeister

Try printing direct to the printer - I believe its a crossover cable direct from your PC to the printer completely bypassing your network....if it still does it I would guess it to be a printer issue and not a network issue...

Sindex Printing

I run a couple of 1204's and one keeps getting a write port error. Both run on same network, routers, and flexi yet one has no issues and one will print 3-10 inches then gets a write port error. Been working on this for like a month and still scratching my head.
I have tried running a direct cat 5 to that machine bypassing 2 switches and have tried multiple cables. I have changed the IP several times, nothing. yep network engineer I'm not.
Try restarting your print spooler service

rrd

How about bad ram. I think the ram on these is only 256megs. Thought about putting in an old 1 gig laptop stick in there

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How about bad ram. I think the ram on these is only 256megs. Thought about putting in an old 1 gig laptop stick in there

If I remember correctly, these boards won't accept higher capacity RAM but I don't think that's the issue anyway. Write port errors are always network issues. Since it didn't work over cross over, I would guess the network chip on the main board is probably failing.

Umca

VJ1204 has 128 Mb SODIMM memory
Also, you can try to print via USB port. For check network communication chip.