• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong cartridge error in Roland VS 300i

ANTONIOCASTRO

Printer was working good, but black ink got empty and i was not using the machine for a few weeks, and had the machine off, when i finally bought the new black cartridge and installed it, i turned the printer on and then gave me this message "Time for Maintenance", i press enter and it started i guess the cleaning, it asked to empty the waste bottle, i did it, the it gave me this message "Wrong Cartridge", and 1-7 are blinking, if i pull one cartridge out, then only the one i pulled out blinks, when i push it back in, then all 1-7 start blinking again. i really don't have an idea what is going on with this printer, anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Last edited:

Joe House

Roland has a couple of inks that look similar. ESL3 and ESL4. To complicate it, they're also called Ecosol Max and Max 2. Your printer should take the ESL4/Max 2 inks. If you got the other ink, then it would cause this problem. Also, if you're using a third party ink, you can get this message.

Good Luck