• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong color in mimaki jv3-160sp test draw

anglin

I have a mimaki jv3-160sp used. I have noticed that i am not getting red in my prints and that Black is coming out heavy. When I do a test draw( six color setup) Black is print in the magenta slot. I have checked the printhead for malfunction, printhead is fine. Switched printhead same result. Can anyone help? thanks in advance

MikePro

pics or it never happened...

swapping printhead was extreme... most likely, you just need to clean your printer.
capping station, wiper blade, wiper blade housing, sides of printheads (especially the backside you never see), clean it all...every week.

anglin

wrong color in test draw

Thanks for responding, you are right i should take a picture.
And maybe thats why you dont understand what i am trying to explain.

the testdraw prints perfect. however instead of printing KMCYLmLc it prints KKCYLmLc.
Any thoughts?

thanks

pics or it never happened...

swapping printhead was extreme... most likely, you just need to clean your printer.
capping station, wiper blade, wiper blade housing, sides of printheads (especially the backside you never see), clean it all...every week.

genericname

What's the head configuration on the 160? Four heads with nozzles split between colours on each head? Had a JV4 with the same issue, and it ended up being a broken cartridge assembly. The fissure caused a negative pressure that acted like a syphon, pulling up ink from the adjacent nozzles.

Check your cartridges to make sure they're not empty, and then shine a flashlight into the two bays of the offending head. If one pin looks shorter than the other, or you see a crack at the base of the feeding pin, that may be your culprit.

anglin

Wrong color being printed in test draw

What's the head configuration on the 160? Four heads with nozzles split between colours on each head? Had a JV4 with the same issue, and it ended up being a broken cartridge assembly. The fissure caused a negative pressure that acted like a syphon, pulling up ink from the adjacent nozzles.

Check your cartridges to make sure they're not empty, and then shine a flashlight into the two bays of the offending head. If one pin looks shorter than the other, or you see a crack at the base of the feeding pin, that may be your culprit.

Thanks for your response. I will check the magenta cartridge. At times i notice only black in the capping station and then i would see some magenta.( Could have been after a clean during plotting) I have attached the test draw photo and a clip that shows the color pattern while printing. Notice that there are two black lines then later the magenta line reappears.

thanks to all i will follow up on monday. 20131206_164816.jpg 20131206_195807_1.jpg

chrisbates202

for future reference

its more than likely a bad pump the pump isn't closing when it needs to and forcing more black in down the red tube. change your pump clean your caps.

Robert M

Cap top

Cx the cap top, sounds like it is not draining and the black is crossing over to the magenta side in the cap. That set up has two colors per head. If the head is failing the inks could be mixing in the head. This is rare but if you push fluid into a print head with a syringe, you can create this problem by pushing too hard.