• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrong data format error when printing

yamaha581

We are trying to print to our L26500 from flexi and now we are getting an error that says wrong data format. It will rip the file but that comes up before it goes to print. I read about it being the port but this is not connected USB and I did a port check and it says it was successful so that is all working. I printed a job yesterday evening and it worked and then I tried doing another last night and it did not work but I did not see the error until I just now tried again. Would anyone know what is causing this?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I used to get those all the time. Try changing the IP address....there is a conflict somewhere. Manually change to another number on the printer first, then change in your RIP.

yamaha581

I used to get those all the time. Try changing the IP address....there is a conflict somewhere. Manually change to another number on the printer first, then change in your RIP.

I did do that and now it is saying to ask your system administrator to set up tcp/ip.

I went through all that before but it has been so long. Is there a way to do that?

I have this on a windows 7 computer.

eahicks

I did do that and now it is saying to ask your system administrator to set up tcp/ip.

I went through all that before but it has been so long. Is there a way to do that?

I have this on a windows 7 computer.

What is displaying the "ask your system admin..."? The printer? I have never seen that.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Are you in a domain?
"ask your system admin..."?
It may mean that you do not have permission to change the setting.
Login with admin privileges and make the changes.

eahicks

Hmm...still haven't seen that. So in Production Manager, you are clicking the printer, and then Change Port? Change the number to the port you set the printer at. Then hit Apply. Then I would close everything down, restart the PC, and try printing again.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We sometimes also see this when one of us aborts a print job in Production Manager. it shows as aborted but my thinking is the printer then refuses to accept the last tiny bit of data so the printer and Production Manager are silently battling in the background on what to do with that last bit of data from the aborted job. To clear it - (on our Mimaki we also hit the data clear button) close Production Manager, even though it shows no active jobs it warns that an active job will be aborted if you continue. Just click continue anyways. Then occasionally on re-opening Production Manager it will then warn that an instance of App2.exe (this is Production Manager) is already running and asks if you want to terminate that one first, tell it yes. Then it opens back up and works fine for us. Sounds like a lot but it literally only takes a few seconds for the steps and for us it only does this (sometimes, not always) when one of us aborts a print job that the printer has already started on. Used to not do that - I think the current and prior updates are when it started. Not a big enough issue for us for me to spend time fussing about it.

Edit to also add - as mentioned I have also seen this when something gets weird with the port selection for the printer like the wrong port selected.

yamaha581

Are you in a domain?
"ask your system admin..."?
It may mean that you do not have permission to change the setting.
Login with admin privileges and make the changes.

I just changed the IP back to what it originally was and now it is working somehow.

yamaha581

Hmm...still haven't seen that. So in Production Manager, you are clicking the printer, and then Change Port? Change the number to the port you set the printer at. Then hit Apply. Then I would close everything down, restart the PC, and try printing again.

Yes that was what I was doing. I just put back in the old IP and it is now working again somehow so who knows what it was doing.

FrankW

In newer versions of Flexi (since 11 as far as I think) is a test button for testing the IP-connection. And clicking on that button with an invalid IP-adress will lead to that "ask your system administrator ..."-message.

So it looks like that you havent set the same IP in Flexi as at the printer.

gabagoo

Just got this message today for the first time after a year and a half.... Turns out all I had to do was remove the usb at the back of the computer and reinstall it and she's back working.