• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrong data Format

Allied Digital

I have had this error msg before and do not remember how I fixed it. I really love my Mutoh, but it sometimes has a mind of its own - i.e. it has always let me print the full 50inches and recently - just from one job to the next, it will only go to 48!

But for right now, "wrong data format" is my biggest hurdle! I have a job to get out on Monday

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What, exactly, are you trying to send to the printer and how, exactly, are you trying to send it? Is your printer directly connected via crossover cable or is it connected via some sort of intermediary device?

As far as the 50" vice 48", just which Valuejet are you herding? Not one of them seems to have a maximum print width of 50". Do you have a 48" with a max width of 48 in unidirectional mode and 47.25 in bidirectional or what?

Allied Digital

It is a Mutoh ValueJet 1204 (purchased from SW end of 2006) I get a 50" material (max media width in will take) and I send job from Flexi8.1 to the Production Manager. Set Media Width in PM to to 49.5 and Send!
and it prints up to 49-1/2" image area
Yes, crossover cable

PMG

It is a Mutoh ValueJet 1204 (purchased from SW end of 2006) I get a 50" material (max media width in will take) and I send job from Flexi8.1 to the Production Manager. Set Media Width in PM to to 49.5 and Send!
and it prints up to 49-1/2" image area
Yes, crossover cable
I get 51" inch media in my 1204 and can only max my prints out at 48"

Allied Digital

I see alot have viewed this and no one comments.
well:clapping: In the future - if you get this... try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Also exited from desktop printer incase something was hung up in there. (see below **)
W/ new install, check "delete all application folders"
I dont know if this is what did it. But I am now running again.
**Another time when I got it, I had selected "print" rather than "Rip and Print"
Had to clear out/close the desktop printer.

To all those interested in how I was getting over 48" image area, I am going to continue to work on that (I can't stand a machine beating me!) and will post an answer if I find it! Look for it as: 48" + on 1204"

PMG

i was told you can install the 1304 54" firmware in the 1204 and get more than 48"...... I have not attempted this yet,,if anyone has please post how its working out if at all.:rock-n-roll:

chimbos

Thanks Sign Lady! I had reinstalled the software, but I kept getting the WRONG DATA FORMAT error... I uninstalled and erase the folder preferences after reading your post and installed it again and it work!

CheapVehicleWrap

Glad you got it working.

I hear Mutoh's new firmware has a new error code. 3M-TA3 Times Up. It won't display until you're printers like 2 years or so old.

kendi082000

reinstall the software?

Hi Is there any other way to fix this problem. I cant uninstall and reinstall the program everytime i get this error message. I get this error all the time.. :(

Techman

Had to clear out/close the desktop printer.

yes, because the printer spooler is pointed at that printer yet the printer driver sends the print data to the wide format printer.

Stuck jobs are often found in the desktop printer that is set as the default desktop printer.