• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong head installed

ash1982

Hi

I have tried to install some dx4 off an old Epson onto a VP540. They installed fine and the test was good in service mode. When I powered up normally I get the message ‘wrong head installed’. Data cables are fitted in correct order and not damaged. I have installed with new rank numbers and also tried old numbers but with no change. Is there anyway to get around this? Any advice would be appreciated

FrankW

There are different versions and generations of the DX4-heads. Could it be that the color with which the little board on the head is printed is white instead of yellow? In this case, it could be that the head is too old to work with a VP.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: zsa

Benghanou

Hi

I have tried to install some dx4 off an old Epson onto a VP540. They installed fine and the test was good in service mode. When I powered up normally I get the message ‘wrong head installed’. Data cables are fitted in correct order and not damaged. I have installed with new rank numbers and also tried old numbers but with no change. Is there anyway to get around this? Any advice would be appreciated
HI I have same problem with my xc540 are getting the solution please