• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTB Cast Vinyl Scraps

B893P78

As the title says, I am looking for scraps (larger than 6.5in x 6.5in) of different printable cast vinyl. My shop is moving to cast printing, and buying full rolls to test & play with is a waste. I am having a hard time getting samples for cast media.

I am not looking for rolls, just scrap, not printing on this stuff, just looking to test applications on different products we offer.

thanks.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Do you need it laminated or not? up until I purchaseed a 64" plotter I was having to cut 54" rolls to 48" by hand. I will be running caste soon and can ship you the waste if you can provide a label and shipping for it. I run Avery1105 EZ with either 1060 or 1080z laminate.

B893P78

Do you need it laminated or not? up until I purchaseed a 64" plotter I was having to cut 54" rolls to 48" by hand. I will be running caste soon and can ship you the waste if you can provide a label and shipping for it. I run Avery1105 EZ with either 1060 or 1080z laminate.

I will take laminated or unlaminated all is okay. Thanks for the help, yes, I will pay for shipping and label and for the material if you wish.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What printers are you considering for your shop? Most printers now require a "roll to roll" setup to even load/function.
They have built in feed calibrations to eliminate banding that a "scrap piece" wouldn't work with.

Do you have a local dealer nearby with a showroom that will let you run a couple print samples on their machines/materials?
They might even have some damaged/defective rolls they'll part with for dirt cheap or free.

Really, cast vinyls don't print all that much different from other vinyls, but some economy calendared vinyls do print a bit lower quality (grainier).

B893P78

As stated on the original post not printing on this stuff, we sold colored cast vinyl before deciding to get the printer. We always tested before buying a different type/brand of vinyl especially since cast vinyl could be purchased by the foot from metro restyling and others. Just looking to play around with different printable options.

ikarasu

Ask Grimco for some samples, or any other supplier. We can pretty much get any 8.5x11 samples we want from grimco direct from the supplier. Last time we asked I got like 40 diff pages.. Avery 3m, house brands, etc.

They want to sell you vinyl, so they'll do their best to get you what you need.