• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF-Flexi Not Showing New Print Mode

Signstein

Happy Friday!
Does anyone know why Flexi won't allow me to add a new print mode? I just cloned and modified the stock generic banner profile to add an 8 pass mode for Jetflex. It's there and selected on the printer itself, and it also appears under Printer Options, but it's not available to select in the Color Management tab. Is this just a glitch? Has anyone seen this before? Funny part is, the new profile is correctly listed a "Jetflex FL" as I typed it, but it's not including the 8 Pass mode I just added...

8pass.JPG
10pass.JPG

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
is it a new profile? did you pull the profile from hp or was it already loaded? did you update the firmware?

Signstein

I just cloned the generic pvc banner profile that was already existing from HP on the printer. I did not update firmware, though. I'll try that.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Because it's missing the ICC. You need spectrophotometer to create it.

So just duplicate something that already has 8p.

Signstein

Ah! So I can't just add an 8 Pass mode if there was never one to begin with? That makes complete sense - thank you!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Correct - a profile is built for a specific number of passes, a specific resolution, and a specific ink set.

That being said - on the RIP & Print dialog>Advanced Options (and the driver options button) you can manually override the settings when sending the print job. However changing the resolution will generally not have a good result but changing the passes there or turning on overprint can possibly help in some scenarios.