• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF is up with 4over???

splizaat

For the last two months we can't get their pages to load fully on our mac/safari or our PC/IE. They keep saying to use chrome, but I'm not installing chrome on my mac - and it seems ridiculous that their site won't work with the two most used browsers on the internet! It's taken me about 25 refreshes of each page to order a set of business cards. We've cleared cache/cookies, tried different computers, updated java and flash, etc etc. It's not us, it's them! I'm about to switch to someone else only because I can't spend 15-20 minutes trying to place a damn business card order every single time.

Tell me I'm not the only person experiencing these issues lately??

oksigns

I was never a fan of their new redesigned site. Firefox and IE never gave me issues, but their new site feels clunky

Dan360

I think chrome is the most used browser these days with about 45% of the userbase. I have always had problems with lots of websites and Safari and haven't touched IE since 2002 unless I need to use Outlook from the web.

That being said, yes 4Over has been strange (slow and glitchy) lately. I put it down to them constantly updating their website. Anytime I ask them about an issue they just say they are aware and are working on it.

GypsyGraphics

there were plenty of things i found annoying about the old site.... but i'm not a fan of the new one either.
they should have stuck with the old site till the new one was ready for prime time.
being redirected is ok for a couple of week but gezzzzzzz... it's been months and months now!

splizaat

I think chrome is the most used browser these days with about 45% of the userbase. I have always had problems with lots of websites and Safari and haven't touched IE since 2002 unless I need to use Outlook from the web.

That being said, yes 4Over has been strange (slow and glitchy) lately. I put it down to them constantly updating their website. Anytime I ask them about an issue they just say they are aware and are working on it.

That's weird, because every time we ask they say "you're the only person with a problem"

splizaat

I'm fifteen minutes into trying to refresh these pages to get to fully load once again just to place a $25 business card order. Got so desperate that I downloaded CHROME and it thinks the page is locked up so it gives an error and the option to kill the page. What the ****!!!!

JoeBoomer

Internet Explorer and you

Chrome is by far the best browser available. Not to mention how well it syncs with your other computers and devices. Internet Explorer is the equivalent of designing with Microsoft Paint on a Windows 95 pc.

Chrome has a nice plugin to emulate every other browser, so if you have trouble you can change it to "Opera" or "Firefox" or even the worst of them all, IE.

To further illustrate my point; You would be better off viewing websites in MSDOS than Internet Explorer. If I could go back in time and stopone event in history, I would step over the Holocaust in lieu of sabotaging Internet Explorer 2.0 & beyond. IE is as good of a browser as Bill Cosby is a host. I would rather print vehicle wraps on a Gerber Edge than be stuck with IE.:frustrated:

In other words, I strongly dislike Internet Explorer.

splizaat

Chrome is by far the best browser available. Not to mention how well it syncs with your other computers and devices. Internet Explorer is the equivalent of designing with Microsoft Paint on a Windows 95 pc.

Chrome has a nice plugin to emulate every other browser, so if you have trouble you can change it to "Opera" or "Firefox" or even the worst of them all, IE.

To further illustrate my point; You would be better off viewing websites in MSDOS than Internet Explorer. If I could go back in time and stopone event in history, I would step over the Holocaust in lieu of sabotaging Internet Explorer 2.0 & beyond. IE is as good of a browser as Bill Cosby is a host. I would rather print vehicle wraps on a Gerber Edge than be stuck with IE.:frustrated:

'

Read above. We even installed chrome and trade.4over.com was taking so long to load pages that chrome brought a prompt up asking if it should kill the page because it thought it was frozen. This has been going on for MONTHS.

JoeBoomer

'

Read above. We even installed chrome and trade.4over.com was taking so long to load pages that chrome brought a prompt up asking if it should kill the page because it thought it was frozen. This has been going on for MONTHS.

Sorry, I got a little carried away there once I saw IE mentioned. :)

Download the extension "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" and you can choose any browser you want.

splizaat

Sorry, I got a little carried away there once I saw IE mentioned. :)

Download the extension "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" and you can choose any browser you want.

Why should we have to go through such trouble to place a damn order? We've used safari, IE, chrome. If it doesn't work on the three most major browsers, what **** programmers are working there?

CanuckSigns

Am I the only one who has no issues with IE?

Also, the only issue I've had with 4over's site is the 3D preview, it's always messed up, but as long as you know you set your files up properly, you can just clinck "approved" anyway. I just ordered business cards and yard signs from them a few days ago, no issues.