• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question X-Rite iProfiler with T3270

diltech

Hi,
How do I know if my printer is an RGB or CYMK printer. When I use iProfiler software, I have a choice to make before creating my color profile.

Thank

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Most color inkjet printers are driven using an RGB color space, the T3270 is one of them, despite using CMYK ink sets. The benefits are plenty if you treat the workflow as RGB.

MonsterBabyBLN

To give some additional information. Of. Course all printers use cmyk inks. Some have light and other colors to widen the gammut because cmyk are the colors used for a 'passive' gamut. Meaning of you don't have additional light it's black.

Rgb are the colors for an active gamut that lights by itself like a screen.

So to bring something from your screen which is Rgb to. Paper where you need cmyk you need a very difficult transformation because there are numerous different cmyk combinations describing the same Rgb color.

Now you either have a driver that does that internally in the printer called cantone and use a standard Rgb driver and setup like the above poster mentioned - for which you need to make a Rgb profile. And where you can choose which transformation is used relative or perceptive (Google if you don't know).. Or you can use a rip. A program that acts as a printer driver and replaces it so going directly to the single color channels. There you can also use a cmyk or Multicolor profile depending on your printer and you have more chances to screw everything up.. Or get even more precise colors and a wider gamut.

diltech

Hi all,

Thank you for your answers, I actually created an RGB profile and I have had very good results so far when printing my images.

Thank you for everything.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
You could also consider upgrading your Ergosoft RIP to work with your T3270.

FrankW

Most RIP-Softwares are needing CMYK-Profiles. Printers driven by regular OS-based printer drivers are needing RGB-Profiles. It is 99% of the time that easy.