• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 conversion from cmyk lc lm to cmyk spot spot

lookinc

Hi My name is Ben I have a small print shop with a Roland xc-540 setup to print CMYK Lc lm I would like to convert it to cmyk spot spot color for specialty printing I do. so that I could use speciality made spot colors. For example, home Depot orange cannot be printed with CMYK but speciality mix ink might do it. I do not want this to turn into a discussion of inks that is not necessary I already have that taken care of. Nor do I want to used cut vinyl. What I need is somebody with some knowledge of the printer and how to set up the workflow for doing it I'm assuming it's possible because my printer can be used for metallic and white ink in a spot color type format so perhaps setting it up in that type or fashion is what I need to do I just don't know how to do it I would be willing to pay somebody with it right knowledge to help me convert my machine into a CMYK spot machine I would greatly appreciate any help or advice or directions and somebody can give me.

greysquirrel

can you convert you printer to use white and silver spots, yes if the driver/model supports it...can you throw an orange spot into your printer...Im sure its possible, just not sure how the rip would control it or who make it compatible with your printer and model.

lookinc

can you convert you printer to use white and silver spots, yes if the driver/model supports it...can you throw an orange spot into your printer...Im sure its possible, just not sure how the rip would control it or who make it compatible with your printer and model.
Yes I can but that is what I need help with is how to do it the conversion that is.