• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 discoloration issue

mposwald

Well I didn't think I'd be starting a new thread like this so soon. I've found that I need to do some maintenance (replacements) on parts related to or including the black printhead; but this is an entirely different issue: certain colors on my signs are being turned into an awful green/magenta coloration that isn't even close to what the file defines. I've included both the print ready files (originals were large TIFF's from the client and wouldn't upload here), and photos of the results.

Only certain colors are affected. I've tried various solutions on them including using photoshop to change the color coding from RGB to CMYK (pictured: the CMYK is the worse-looking one on the right); re-saving files as different file types to try to go around file/compression bugs. Exported both with and without compression to let Versaworks do any file handling. This is happening across multiple files and on specific color portions. I'm pretty confident it's some kind of software bug; but for the life of me I can't find it!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_111712891.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20181205_111703434.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 262799_Locati Architects_Coffee&Tea2.5x2.5.pdf
    389.3 KB · Views: 123

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like your print heads are just clogged or damaged. Post a picture of the nozzle check and it will be easier to diagnose. I don't think it's a file or RIP setting issue.

mposwald

It looks like your print heads are just clogged or damaged. Post a picture of the nozzle check and it will be easier to diagnose. I don't think it's a file or RIP setting issue.

Here it is. Even better than last time I ran it actually; and I'm aware that the black head or the system behind it is failing..... but that's only been giving me splatter and some light phasing on some prints. Would that be what's causing this wild color change too?

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_115114246.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 118

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The black is deflecting a little bit but not missing enough nozzles to cause the drop out you are getting in the solid black. I would make sure all maintenance parts are very clean and check the bottom of the head to make sure there isn't anything that may be preventing it from making a good seal with the cap top. If everything is nice and clean and the problem persists, I would start by changing the cap top and dampers. Basically, if the damper filter is clogged or the membrane is worn out, ink can't flow to the head fast enough to print consistently. It's possible the head is just old and worn out too but that is a lot more expensive than the dampers and cap tops!

mposwald

Exactly! I have those on order for black already; but I'll have to take some time to go through the printer and check each maintenance part as I'm a bit new to actually servicing inkjet plotters in depth. Thanks for your help and knowledge!