• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 - Interesting Banding, Thoughts?

razzildazzil

I'm fairly new to the forum and the signage world (my background is mostly identity design).
Attached is a photo that shows to different print files. both cmyk.
The print on the left is a solid vector color. The print on the right is taken from an image. Both came from Illustrator files.
Any thoughts on why one would contain a substantial amount of banding over the other?
These were printed one after the other, all settings matched.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Color Banding-01.jpg
    Color Banding-01.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 489

splizaat

Also make sure in versa works that even tho the profile is the same, that in the job properties in versa works that the feed calibration is set the same. Either both to "use printer settings" or both to "use profile settings." If they're different, that'd be the obvious fix.

If they're the same, then I don't know :)

Clem

we had similar problems at one point, but only with certain bitmap images.. same image type (usually jpg or tif) but not in every instance. luckily for us the jobs were for signage to be viewed at a distance so never caused problem enough to look in to. Sorry if this isn't much help to your situation, but at least you know it's not an issue isolated to your machine:)

Good luck!

razzildazzil

Problem found! Faulty Damper.

We had a tech come out this morning and found the issue to be a damper that needed to be replaced.
Which is why it was only banding on specific reds.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Damper-01.jpg
    Damper-01.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 286