• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Need Help

Melanie Barothy

Hi guys I have a Roland XC-540 need some assistance, have had to replace several heads in the last year and a half. Last issue began when shades of blues were off then I discovered half of the light cyan head wasn't firing. I then replaced dampers, check lines and even soaked the head to no avail. Still was able to print with light cyan half firing. During the same time the quality of the black head started to deteriorate. Any black text would start to become blurry and not print clean, after 6 months the light cyan failed completely and shortly the black head failed. I replace all print cables and new heads. New heads install and new cables with dampers and then this new issue presented itself. The yellow and blue cyan head now seems to print with bands of ink over anything I print. I have reseated all the cables to make make sure none of the pins are bent or damage and they are all new cables but still no luck. Not sure what to do now as calling for a tech isn't easy being that my printer is outside of the US. Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021-10-26.jpg
    2021-10-26.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 383
  • 2021-10-26 (1).jpg
    2021-10-26 (1).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 129

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You've got a short somewhere in the system. Usually it's going to be around the head cables and the boards they connect to. Look for ink splatter, damage, or corrosion on the cable leads and replace as needed. Never hurts to air dust the connectors too. Just make sure that you unplug the machine and let it sit for about 15 minutes before messing with cables.

Melanie Barothy

You've got a short somewhere in the system. Usually it's going to be around the head cables and the boards they connect to. Look for ink splatter, damage, or corrosion on the cable leads and replace as needed. Never hurts to air dust the connectors too. Just make sure that you unplug the machine and let it sit for about 15 minutes before messing with cables.
Hi good day thanks for the reply, like to know if air dusting the connectors for the print head can cause damage ? The print head cables are all new and and no Also while changing the cables I notice heavy ink deposit on the head board and cleaned it with brush the second pic shows the head board. (Dark cyan and yellow heads are the only ones misfiring). If I switch the yellow print head to the location of the magenta print head( magenta working) can I use to eliminate the possibility of a bad yellow head? Can I do this or do I risk damage to both heads. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue, Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_102330.jpg
    IMG_20211027_102330.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20211027_101718.jpg
    IMG_20211027_101718.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 128

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Air dusting with a normal air can shouldn't harm anything. You just want to get dust and debris out of there that may be causing a short or bad connection. You might have a blown transistor on that board judging by the picture. I don't see any burn marks but it can be damaged internally.

I do data swaps all the time. I just swap the cable positions though. It will tell you if it's a head or a board problem for sure.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
melanie, you can certainly do this yourself. be careful though, power off completely. pull power plug and wait 10 minutes, so all capacitors discharge

that may be longer than i would wait if i was doing it myself, but you dont want to do additional damage. better extra caution

Melanie Barothy

Hi, like to thank everyone for your help, I found out what the issue was. **Update** I check all the connections and being that the cables are brand new, I checked the head board as suggested and noted a lot of corrosion on the ABC fuses for the print heads. I then proceeded to replace all the fuses, now the printer is working %100. Attached is the before and after print. Thanks again for all the support and help.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 170
  • fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 149
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 180