• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540, printing blank

i'd honestly just like your honest opinion if you can please, my tech is out sick for a while now... i fixed a transistor, ran a test print and was missing one side of a head, i changed a manifold, realized another one needed to be changed, changed another manifold, and a third manifold. each time yes, i was turning off both power buttons and unplugging and running test prints after each change. What I was not doing was waiting 15 minutes for the machine to drain. now im just printing blank. fuses and transistors all seem to be good, no air in lines, dampers filled, head filled. help please

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd make sure to test the fuses outside of the machine as you can get incorrect readings while installed sometimes. Other than that, if the fuses are all good, it might be head damage although it would be very weird for all of the heads to get damaged in the same way. Unfortunately it seems to be a deeper electrical issue which is much harder to figure out without an extensive knowledge of component level repair or just throwing new boards into it and hoping.

ikr, but im thinking it wouldnt be a head, because all of the heads wouldnt go at the same time right,, well at least thats very rare. I tested fuses and transistors on the head which all seem to work fine, but dont know where the capacitor is, to test that. I figure its the head board, so I have one coming in along with some new heads, but just want some other advice before it arrives and i put it in and something causes the new heads or head board to blow again.

ikr, but im thinking it wouldnt be a head, because all of the heads wouldnt go at the same time right,, well at least thats very rare. I tested fuses and transistors on the head which all seem to work fine, but dont know where the capacitor is, to test that. I figure its the head board, so I have one coming in along with some new heads, but just want some other advice before it arrives and i put it in and something causes the new heads or head board to blow again.
I've tested the fuses and transistors while the board was inside the machine, from up top. A
Also when the board was removed from the machine, and i checked it on top and bottom of the board.

everrything seemed to be fine

So, I solved my problem...
If anyone of you out there find a similar problem and need some help, send a post to this thread and i'll tell you what i found was the problem for me.

Later, Signs101 rock!!!!!

Terry01

So, I solved my problem...
If anyone of you out there find a similar problem and need some help, send a post to this thread and i'll tell you what i found was the problem for me.

Later, Signs101 rock!!!!!
Please post your findings as they may help another contributor in future.

Terry01

I've tested the fuses and transistors while the board was inside the machine, from up top. A
Also when the board was removed from the machine, and i checked it on top and bottom of the board.

everrything seemed to be fine
Have you checked fuses for each bank.. three fuses in total

That one is different from the others, it actually provides power to all of the transistors. Hence, the reason it was printing blank... ill shoot a video later