• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Service Mode

Noumenon

I've seen replies to this question, but I haven't been able to get it to work. What state does the machine need to be in when I start the button sequence, and (one more time, please) what is the correct sequence to enter service mode.

I'm needing to do a head soak, so I have to be able to move the head out of the way of the cap tops.

Thanks to all who contribute to this site.

reeki

Main power has to be on ,

soft power OFF (means display is off)

then u press : Down , Right , Left , Up , Right , Down , Left

and after this u press : Left + Down + right + power on (soft power)

Noumenon

Thanks for the help. That got me the message, "Service Mode Protected", which allowed me to find another thread that advised how to get around that. I really appreciate the response, this site is great for a noob such as myself.:U Rock:

Paper&co

You have to do it very quickly, maybe you will need some attemps before.

Any time, if you only want to move the heads, you can go to menu/submenu/maintenance/cleaning.... this will put the head to the left side of the machine

Drifter Joe

Thanks for the help. That got me the message, "Service Mode Protected", which allowed me to find another thread that advised how to get around that. I really appreciate the response, this site is great for a noob such as myself.:U Rock:
Been awhile from this post, but do you recall the work around, seems I am locked out as well and that above method didnt work for me either

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
start plugged in but powered off

then u press : Down , Right , Left , Up , Right , Down , Left

and after this u press these all AT THE SAME TIME : Left + Down + right + power button

It's what they posted before but you need to kind get a good rhythm and smoothly enter the first sequence without any awkward pauses. Then you hit the three direction keys and power all at the same time.

Or, you can just unplug the printer and manually move the head. You may have to push it to the right to unlock it first.