• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 SolJet printing horizontal lines

razzildazzil

I've done a thorough cleaning of the heads/wipers/etc., run a nozzle check, wiped the encoder strip down, and tried different medias (3M/Oracal/Aspire). Still getting these lines... Seems to get worse the longer the print runs too.

Suggestions?
:thankyou:

Attachments

• DSC03189.jpg
    DSC03189.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC03190.jpg
    DSC03190.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC03191.jpg
    DSC03191.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 360

razzildazzil

settings

For those pics I was using:
30" White - 3M 7725 Scotchcal ElectroCut HP with Synthetic Liner

I know it's not ideal for printing in the SolJet, but my production manager (and my boss) insists. We've been printing on it for two months now without having this problem.

I have the same problem when I use other medias such as Aspire's cheap vinyl, Arlon GTX 4560, 3M 180J, cheap 13 oz. scrim banner, etc.

The heater is set to:
Pre 100
Print 94
Dryer 100

woolly

print uni directional should cure that at the cost of time, else slow the head down, if that is black print its not rich enough.
i forget the name of the effect but it is the result of the pigments being laid down differently in the bi directional mode and the eye sees it, turn it around and the other odd lines show up instead.
i do see it faintly from time to time on my sc540 but not as bad as that.

idsignsil

We have the same machine and the tech that set it up put our heat settings at:
Pre: 92
Print: 94
Dry: 120
He said that it was a good setting. The printer is in the office with me. I try to keep the office around 70-72 degrees. I print bi directional (ink come out when the head goes left and right across the media) onto all different types of media, and have not had any problems.

ChicagoGraphics

I don't own a roland but that same thing happened with my Mimaki and the problem was the sensor that reads the encoder strip had to be cleaned. Don't clean with any harsh cleaners, alcohol mixed with water is all you need.

Sticky Signs

Does this happen evenly across the print or is it more on one side that the other? If it's the later, try replacing the outside pinch rollers.

otctech

From your nozzle test print I can tell you that you need to adjust your black head. Might not be the reason for banding but still an issue.

Jumpshoutmedia

I have a Soljet II xc540, and when I get banding problems it's usually something to do with the rip. Try setting the profile to "Density control only" instead of Prepress US. Also, try using one of the provided profiles from Roland, Mine start with [RIPC] use this profile on high quality. See if it goes away. Also, for some reason, a complete powerdown of the printer and rip machine have cleared this up (oddly enough).

luis68

i have just got a SC540, after a couple of weeks of use, the yellow headprint do this:

Any advice to solve this?

Regards

Attachments

• la foto.jpg
    la foto.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 337

luis68

I post it becouse someone might need this information:

If sometime one of your head print starts to flow ink with no stop, the problem is a little SMD fuse in the main board of 3,125 A.

Mine is working again. :smile:

Regards and forgive my english :smile: