• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc540 magenta prob.

gorgino

Hi

Iam owner of a xc540 , yesterday wen I was printing my red looks like orange .. I make again the rip progress also I try different media , profile but nothing change. I make a test print and magenta head shows only 3 arrows. After 3 power cleaning and a manual test print didn't change , shows only three arrows.

I need a new magenta print head or I must try something else.
new-1.jpg

Thx.

javila

Check your inks. My 545ex lately has decided to not tell me when some cartidges are completely empty.

Dot Matrixa

nevermind...... send your printer back and sell your shop....

Try cooling your superiority complex. It makes you come across as awfully obnoxious for a "business" person and just plain rude.

First of all gorgino, an owner should never ever do a power clean unless told to do so by a technician. It's really rough on the print heads and who know what it can do to your warranty, if any.

It could be many possibilities or most likely a color calibration issue. You printed on other media but did you change the color calibration profiles for each in VersaWorks? Maybe something's wrong with your workflow. Giving your technician or dealer a call maybe your best bet instead of getting in over your head.

gorgino

Try cooling your superiority complex. It makes you come across as awfully obnoxious for a "business" person and just plain rude.

First of all gorgino, an owner should never ever do a power clean unless told to do so by a technician. It's really rough on the print heads and who know what it can do to your warranty, if any.

It could be many possibilities or most likely a color calibration issue. You printed on other media but did you change the color calibration profiles for each in VersaWorks? Maybe something's wrong with your workflow. Giving your technician or dealer a call maybe your best bet instead of getting in over your head.

i will make a call tomorow thx.!

synergy_jim

I must have missed something....

there is a well know method in the roland community that when you are running a medium clean you can wiggle the carriage back and forth to get the capping station to seal. This will draw ink into the head and cure nozzle drop out sometimes.

I highly doubt anything in his " workflow " would cause half of a head to quit firing. And when has color calibration had anything to do with nozzles not firing when you do a test print?????

Take a look at the test print up top......

Dot Matrixa

Okay, I can't see dot pattern on my screen but you're right jim, it could be head issue if you're getting misfiring. I do monthly maintenance and that's it. I don't touch or wiggle anything that's not troubleshooting protocol. We pay big money for warranty so any quirks and I'm calling the technician so they can do the troubleshooting. It saves the downtime. Good luck gorgino and keep me updated please.

Check the DAMPER! Sheesh! It may need to be replaced (bad seals around the plastic nipple) Just be VERY careful pulling the damper straight up - the plastic nipple is very fragile and can crack = $$$

InkjetAuction

PCS is correct. It's probably a problem with the dampers on your Magenta printhead (It's probably the rear damper, but I would replace both).

Most likely it's the o-ring or the ink-line fitting... which you would simply replace the damper to make the repair.

Yes, the nipple on the printhead manifold can be easy to crack. A damaged manifold used to require the entire print head to be replaced, but now you can buy just the plastic manifold from Roland. Costs about $40-$45. The head would still have to be removed from the machine to properly replace it. (I keep a couple in my bag)

Ask your dealer or service rep for advise on how to handle this repair if you are not experienced. Spilling a little ink on the printhead cables, or the print head board can end up being a very costly mistake.

~E

kev3232

mine has done that too. just run the head cleaning until that print head starts running again. more than likely you ran one of your magenta cartridges empty and now you have air in the line.
and don't listen to richard or maybe sam (PCS) just kidding!!! i love you guys, they sold me my machine and PCS rocks!!! super good people and super smart techs!!

KEV

JS

Had the same problem, The tech support also advise me to change the dampers. After I did the problem was still there, I found the magenta ink was empty but reading full.