• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XF 640 One head wont pull the ink

Nino Graphics

After we replaced the Dumpers and captops one of the Print heads wont pull any ink. That happened after one of our employees made inkl flush out of the system.
Ink acctually comes till under the mainboard and then stops.

We ordered new cables, but I'm not shure that the cables are responsible for the problem.

Any help would be super.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 249

Taekwondo

After we replaced the Dumpers and captops one of the Print heads wont pull any ink. That happened after one of our employees made inkl flush out of the system.
Ink acctually comes till under the mainboard and then stops.

We ordered new cables, but I'm not shure that the cables are responsible for the problem.

Any help would be super.
This happened to my SP540 v printer then i realized there is air in the line to the color so i used a turkey syringe took out the needle and just used the tip to place in the empty tube, it must be a tight fit, i did it from the bottom end, after about 6 pulls, the ink came into the line. With each pull u must squeeze the end so air wont get back in line, i had help to do that part, not sure if this will help your issue but from your photo the line looks empty, also look on you tube for a video on how to take air out of roland ink lines.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Are you using OEM or 3rd party parts? if 3rd party, might have one of those bad seals in the dampers, could also be the cap top. Did you try pulling ink with a syringe from the line after the cap top to see if you can get it to come that way?

Nino Graphics

I did, also I tried with old captop and parts, one head doesnt print at all..
I ordered all cables, lets see tomorrow if the cable was problem..

Zoogee World

I did, also I tried with old captop and parts, one head doesnt print at all..
I ordered all cables, lets see tomorrow if the cable was problem..
cables wouldn't cause the ink not to get to the head, the only thing would be to make it not print. I'm guessing you have an air leak in the lines, I'd start there and see if you can pull ink to the dampers with a syringe, if you can get it to there, then it could be the cap top, if you can't get it to even the damper, then there is an air leak or the damper is bad. Did you try with the old damper? Or just the old cap top?

Nino Graphics

I think it is Head board, because i pluged out flat cables when the printer was ON. The lines are ok, there is no leak and we pulled the air through dampers. I ordered new Head board, let's see what is gonna happen then.
Till now just headache..

Zoogee World

I think it is Head board, because i pluged out flat cables when the printer was ON. The lines are ok, there is no leak and we pulled the air through dampers. I ordered new Head board, let's see what is gonna happen then.
Till now just headache..
Wait, are you only pulling air into the dampers, not ink?