• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XRITE I1 PRO 2

Ivan Medina

Hi, I know color is an important topic here.

We own an AGFA Anapurna with ASANTI Client 1.69 as our RIP.
Our RIP only supports XRITE I1 PRO 2 for color profiling. Since I1 PRO 2 is discontinued we are looking into purchasing a used on ebay.

Question, if my rip supports this instrument, can I purchase the I1 PRO 2 basic or do I need the I1 PRO 2 PUBLISH in order to create profiles?

I don't really need all the extra software (do I?) since my RIP already has it built in for color profiling. We also use ONYX for an HP LATEX 306.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

If you are working entirely within the software RIP (encompassing the ink restrictions, linearization, and ICC), you only need the basic i1 Pro. If you want to use the XRite color engine (i1Profiler) and want to create CMYK printer profiles, you would need the i1Publish unit.

Ivan Medina

If you are working entirely within the software RIP (encompassing the ink restrictions, linearization, and ICC), you only need the basic i1 Pro. If you want to use the XRite color engine (i1Profiler) and want to create CMYK printer profiles, you would need the i1Publish unit.

This is the reply I was looking for, thank you so much.