• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Y Belt problem in Mimaki CJV150-160

espace-visuel

Hello everybody, We have a problem on our Mimaki CJV150-160 machine. the Y belt does not have a direct line, it goes up the side of the pulley when the carriage is running. you would have a clearer explanation by looking at the pictures. kindly please help me solve the problem.

Attachments

• 20210318_173637.jpg
    20210318_173637.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 305

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hello everybody, We have a problem on our Mimaki CJV150-160 machine. the Y belt does not have a direct line, it goes up the side of the pulley when the carriage is running. you would have a clearer explanation by looking at the pictures. kindly please help me solve the problem.

It's hard to say exactly without being onsite and putting actual eyes on the machine, but my guess would be that the plate that the spindle, pulley and motor mount to is out of parallel with the rest of the machine. I've seen this happen if a machine crate is dropped on that end during delivery... It tends to push up the sheet metal and frame components at that end of the machine. Take a look at that mounting plate from the front and make sure it's totally level in relation to the Carriage Rails.

Hope this helps!

-DM

espace-visuel

It's hard to say exactly without being onsite and putting actual eyes on the machine, but my guess would be that the plate that the spindle, pulley and motor mount to is out of parallel with the rest of the machine. I've seen this happen if a machine crate is dropped on that end during delivery... It tends to push up the sheet metal and frame components at that end of the machine. Take a look at that mounting plate from the front and make sure it's totally level in relation to the Carriage Rails.

Hope this helps!

-DM

Hello, thank you for responding to my request. Our machine has been installed for 5 years, it has not received any shock. I have a doubt, when I cleaned the encoder, maybe I pulled the belt too much. currently when the machine is running, the belt is not fixed on the pulley, it runs upwards and risks tearing it. every time I put it back to its position, it goes up. What do I have to do.

espace-visuel

That's why I asked if there is an adjustment for the pulley.
If it can be adjusted you need to tilt it to the direction away from the carriage so the belt will not rise up.
You only need a small adjustment.
Yes indeed there is a pulley tensioner to adjust it, tomorrow I will and I hope that will solve the problem. I'll let you know as soon as possible. Thank you.

espace-visuel

Yes indeed there is a pulley tensioner to adjust it, tomorrow I will and I hope that will solve the problem. I'll let you know as soon as possible. Thank you.
This morning I tried several times to adjust the tensioner and I was able to lower the belt by 2 millimeters no more. The main thing is that the belt no longer rubs at the top but it is not stable, when the printhead carriage is running, the belt goes up and down on the pulley. hope someone could give me the solution to make the belt stable. Balstestrat thanks for your intervention it was very useful to me.

Bii Emmanuel

Please open the left cover of the machine and loosen the two screws of the belt and adjust the belt tension and it should lie in the middle of the pulley horizontally then check.