• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Y OVERCURRENT ERROR

diltech

Hi,

I have always this error (Y OVERCURRENT) when the traction head go to got the cutter on the left side. The selonoid is ok because i test many time with test menu and it keep always the right time out. Last year, i change it, the spring and many part in the cutter head but the problem had no fixed. Since last week, i got this error all the time and i can use the cutte

On Mimaki CJV30-100

Somebody know the solution?

Thank.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Power the machine on while holding the left and right arrow keys. Once it boots up it will be in System Parameter mode. Hit the end key to exit system parameters. Then scroll down through the menu until you find, Cut System Parameters, and hit enter. Then scroll down through the parameters until you find parameter number 37 CLKADJST and hit enter. Change the value to 0 and then hit enter. Once the parameter saves, power the machine off using the main power switch in the back and then power back on in normal mode. The printer will boot up and automatically re-calibrate the cut head lock position. It's a fairly common issue as these machines age for that parameter to be out of whack so it just needs to be updated.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Power the machine on while holding the left and right arrow keys. Once it boots up it will be in System Parameter mode. Hit the end key to exit system parameters. Then scroll down through the menu until you find, Cut System Parameters, and hit enter. Then scroll down through the parameters until you find parameter number 37 CLKADJST and hit enter. Change the value to 0 and then hit enter. Once the parameter saves, power the machine off using the main power switch in the back and then power back on in normal mode. The printer will boot up and automatically re-calibrate the cut head lock position. It's a fairly common issue as these machines age for that parameter to be out of whack so it just needs to be updated.
∆This guy Mimakis!

diltech

∆This guy Mimakis!Unfortunately that did not fix my problem and I still have an error when the pull head goes to pick up the knife. On the other hand, I can see very well that now, he manages to try to synchronize the head when I start. A part is probably defective in the system but it's been 4-5 days now that I try to see and I can't.

Hi,
Unfortunately that did not fix my problem and I still have an error when the pull head goes to pick up the cutter. Otherwise, I can see very well that now, he manages to try to synchronize the head when I start. A part is probably defective in the system but it's been 4-5 days now that I try to see and I can't.

Regards,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi,
Unfortunately that did not fix my problem and I still have an error when the pull head goes to pick up the cutter. Otherwise, I can see very well that now, he manages to try to synchronize the head when I start. A part is probably defective in the system but it's been 4-5 days now that I try to see and I can't.

Regards,

Every time that little trick hasn't worked for me, the only thing that would fix it for me is re-installing the original factory parameters. You have to ask Mimaki for the file.

diltech

Hi,

Finally, i solved issue with parameter #38 (CJTADJUST). I put it to 0 and Gotcha! This fix it.

Thank for help. Very appreciate.:)

dudeinthemoon

Hi,

I have always this error (Y OVERCURRENT) when the traction head go to got the cutter on the left side. The selonoid is ok because i test many time with test menu and it keep always the right time out. Last year, i change it, the spring and many part in the cutter head but the problem had no fixed. Since last week, i got this error all the time and i can use the cutte

On Mimaki CJV30-100

Somebody know the solution?

Thank.
Hello, this is a logic board issue. And it is a very simple and cheap fix. Look at CN2 on the board, it is a connector for the flex cable which transferring encoder sensor data etc. The problem is in the CN2 connector, you won't see it but there is a crack on the plastic and the cable doesn't sit there tight and randomly lose the connection. Just put the piece of plastic between CN2 and connector next to it to the right to make it tighter