• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellotools Demo Videos

Was this demo video useful

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Defintley some cool looking tools. I've wanted to try the cutting mats for a few years, just have not yet brought myself to pay the high cost for one yet.

One thing though - the descriptions on the website leave a LOT to be desired. I see a lot of felt pads but nothing that tells me what they are for or what the differences are. Monaco, Odessa, MicroFine, etc.... I'm taking a guess that they are for squeegee edges. Another example is the Titan blades. Am I buying a single blade for $5.00 or a 10 pack, 50 pack? I get the Olfa Black Max (their much sharper ones) 50 pack blades for about $15.

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
Thanks for the input. I'll add a note to the description on all the blades. Yes, most of them are in 10 packs. And yes, the pads are for squeegee edges. They are listed under squeegee accessories, but I'll add that to the description as well. Love the feedback!

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
Defintley some cool looking tools. I've wanted to try the cutting mats for a few years, just have not yet brought myself to pay the high cost for one yet.

One thing though - the descriptions on the website leave a LOT to be desired. I see a lot of felt pads but nothing that tells me what they are for or what the differences are. Monaco, Odessa, MicroFine, etc.... I'm taking a guess that they are for squeegee edges. Another example is the Titan blades. Am I buying a single blade for $5.00 or a 10 pack, 50 pack? I get the Olfa Black Max (their much sharper ones) 50 pack blades for about $15.

I did a little editing on the website today and fixed the "TitanBlade" you must have been referring to. It was the only one of the 4 that we offer that didn't have "10pk" right next to it in the description. In regards to the feltpads, are you suggesting to add "for squeegee's" in the description? The pads are all listed under the section "Squeegee's/Accessories" already but I definitely want to make it easier for everyone...just seems a bit like overkill. Have you tried the TitanBlades? I have installers from all over praise them with the highest regard and we typically sell out at every trade show. And as far as the cutting mat goes, your comment about high cost is true in the moment but after years of use down the line and you finally flip it over to use the other side for more years of use, you'll then see it was a low cost investment for a cutting mat along with money saved on replacement blades because the mat is so soft and without a doubt the best self-healing mat you'll ever own. Please keep your suggestions coming! I'm doing the best I can to make our presence here in the USA as big as it is worldwide. :)

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
I ues a Longreach Duo every day. Didn't think it was something I'd ever need or use, but it gets A LOT of use.

Thanks so much for your comment! Our tools are made specifically to make your job easier. I know a professional baseball player can hit a 500ft home run with a wooden bat but if we offered him an aluminum bat that added 100ft to his range and shortened the fence by 100ft...if he's getting paid for production, I'm pretty sure he'd go for it! LOL :)

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
Here's a look at our BodyGuard Knife TwinTeflon

It was recently featured in a video by Arlon titles "The Hinge Method Made Easy"

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
How thick is your cutting mat? Can you cut it to odd sizes like 169.375"?

The cutting mat is 5mm thick and comes in these widths - 39.4" - 51.2" - 59.1" - 66.9" and the length can be cut to any length up to 65ft. When you order it on the website, under quantity just click the number of feet you like and order 14ft and I can cut it to the exact length of 169.375 or send it as a 14ft piece and you can trim it on your table.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The burning question is how do you cut a self healing mat?
Do you have to knock it out or freeze it so it won't flow back together behind your knife?

Looks like good stuff, how heavy is it, say for a 5' x 10'?

wayne k
guam usa

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
The burning question is how do you cut a self healing mat?
Do you have to knock it out or freeze it so it won't flow back together behind your knife?

Looks like good stuff, how heavy is it, say for a 5' x 10'?

wayne k
guam usa

LOL - Yes, it needs to be cut with wolverines adamantium claws. :) A long enough blade with a little muscle can cut all the way through. You just have to get used to not having to press so hard on your cutter to make a cut...the mat is so soft that a little pressure goes a long way and surface cuts seal really quick you literally con't feel where the mat was cut...a mark will be there but you wont be able to feel it so your blade wont get misdirected into an old groove. Off the top of my head I'd say a 10ft roll of the 59.1" matt will weigh about 60lbs all rolled up. on the table its just heavy enough to keep laying flat.

bgraphix

The cutting mat from Yellotools is absolutely amazing. The quality is superb. I love it. Mine is 59" x 24ft. Having it all in once piece versus 3 mats pushed together is awesome. I've had it for over 2 years now and I'm still on my first side of use. It's a little bit hazy from all the cuts, but still very much clear. I recommend it. It's well worth the money spent.

Bly

Thanks,
will look into it.

wayne k
guam usa

hope Google translate can convert Australian to American...

Come over in your canoe and pick it up yourself.
Drop in and say gday and I'll buy you a beer!

I used the Yellotools cutting mats and they are good.
One thing that's slightly annoying is because they are so glossy and soft paper/vinyl tends to kind of stick to them and make them hard to pick up.
No deal breaker by any means, just mentioning it.

Johnny Best

Thanks so much for your comment! Our tools are made specifically to make your job easier. I know a professional baseball player can hit a 500ft home run with a wooden bat but if we offered him an aluminum bat that added 100ft to his range and shortened the fence by 100ft...if he's getting paid for production, I'm pretty sure he'd go for it! LOL

If you were from the USA you should know that Major League Baseball Players cannot use aluminum bats.

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
If you were from the USA you should know that Major League Baseball Players cannot use aluminum bats.

Hi Johnny! I am from the USA and have season tickets to the Dodgers! and grew up playing baseball my whole life and a little in college :) I was merely making an analogy...I know they can't use aluminum, but any baseball player knows you can achieve more distance with aluminum...even a fly ball can get enough depth to clear for a dinger...and if they could be given a choice...even as pro's they'd pick the "tool" that makes their job easier. :)