• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow Ink Dissappeared!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
What profile did you use to print the stickers with in versaworks? I guess I should have asked that first.
Default Roland profiles have the wrong ink setup for Oracal.

I used the same profile I always use with no problems. Glossy Calendered Vinyl. The stickers were great until 3 months after they were outdoors.
Just the yellow dissappeared. It's weird.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
josh i feel you. but the only thing that would do what you are talking about is screen print (considering he didnt lam and needs a better alternative).

the real issue here is he didnt do the job correctly. 10K stickers in the size he did, we would be happy to do. but we would have done it right. oracal 200 lam at least. for god sakes it would have been like .003 cents per decal.

this is a lesson in learning. for god sakes we PAY for so much learning its redic. this is low level learning, but learning non the less.

its a simple pleasure pain theory. there is no scratch without itch, there is no pleasure without pain.

learn from your mistake and do it right the next time.

I hear you there...and believe me...I DID look to outsource them, but it ended up being cheaper to do it inhouse while the shop was closed...as long as I didn't laminate them of course. Yeah, I laminate just about everything...but these were supposed to be short term (1 year) and they were dirt cheap. All hasseling aside about laminating...the Issue was the vanishing yellow ink.

CS-SignSupply

but, roland materials (i believe) is

"The problem is...that's not spelled out in thier 3 yr outdoor life statement. My point is you should be able to take a manufacturers word on thier product or hold them accountable to thier claims. Some would call that "False Advertising"."

Durability up to three years outdoors without lamination - Roland's statement

Did any of other prints done with the same set of ink fade?

Sounds to me something environmental... Our local oil refinery will spew out some stuff on occasion that has caused them to cover cost on car washes for their employees in the past...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
"The problem is...that's not spelled out in thier 3 yr outdoor life statement. My point is you should be able to take a manufacturers word on thier product or hold them accountable to thier claims. Some would call that "False Advertising"."

Durability up to three years outdoors without lamination - Roland's statement

Did any of other prints done with the same set of ink fade?

Sounds to me something environmental... Our local oil refinery will spew out some stuff on occasion that has caused them to cover cost on car washes for their employees in the past...

I've considered an environmental element perhaps being the cause, however given that there is not enough difference in the chemical makeup of the 4 inks to explain why only 1 color would vanish and the others are fine...still leads me to think it was a batch issue.
Roland has the samples and hopefully can come up with an answer. It's pretty much a lost cause unless I want to pursue it...and to be honest...it's not worth it to me. Hashing it out in these forums was about as far as I was planning on taking this...to see if I was the only one with this issue. If there were more...I would have more grounds to pursue Roland further. Thanks everyone.