• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow Saturation issues.

SSIPRINT

I ran a head wash with cleaning solution the other day, the yellow was not printing and appeared to have a back flow of black ink in it. After running a Power Clean the issue was resolved.
Now the saturation of the yellow will randomly just go away, but then sometimes return towards the end of the print. I've ruled out, issues with the ink, file, substrate, vacuum, and have done maybe 2 other cleans cycles.
I don't want to keep wasting ink and also like to avoid having a tech. come out!

One thing I have theorized is a bad seal on the Cap Top? However I don't know what a bad print would look like due to a bad seal.

Any help would be appreciated.

I apologize for blocks in the image(s).
IMG_5177.jpg
IMG_5178.jpg

SSIPRINT

I changed both of the yellow dampers, now I am not getting any Yellow to print....

after a bit more research, I found that I need to prime the damper using a syringe, (the youtube video I found didn't mention this). Hopefully this solves the issue.

I pinched of one of the dampers (they both split off one tube), removed the damper and syringed straight from the tube, I pulled a fair about of yellow/black ink out. I am having an issue with backflow after power clean. I've resorted to calling a technician.

(hopefully by documenting all of this, it will help someone out in the future!)

Last edited: