• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yes, another RED thread, what do you use?

TDFcustomSL

Tired of fighting to get a decent red to print. Some things I can get away with it but ive had 2 customers complain its too orange. Im using Flexi for design and RIP on my VJ1204. Just curious what others are having luck with.

rjssigns

My wife "built" a red in Flexi. Took about an hour of "mixing" and burning comps. She calls it Christmas Red and it looks great. We run a Roland with VW rip so you'll have to experiment a little.

RG

I have the exact same problem with the exact same printer as yours, VJ1204. I get a good red with CMYK set to 1,100,95,4 using the 3551G profile (1440X720) with no color correction and pure hue all on. The color is good but this puts down 3 times more ink than it does with color correction turned on. You should also open the Avery 900 swatch and try the Avery Pantone 186C and 200C. Those 2 are lab colors, so it doesn't seem to matter if color correction is on or off with them. Felxisign tech support told me that this is a common problem with ValueJet printers. They said to make a block of 100M and 100Y (this is what should give you a red color when printed but comes out too orange), print the block. Then, change the block 5C,100M,100Y and print it. Then make the block 10C,100M,100Y and print it, ect. Keep playing with this until you come up with an acceptable red. Keep in mind that you will probably never be able to print a cardinal red that is an exact match to cardinal red in cut vinyl. It's a good idea to print out a swatch of colors, hand this swatch to customers and tell them to pick one. You can waste hours trying to match pantone colors than can NOT be matched with your printer. Good luck.