• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yet another New Guy

Conor Knoxx

Well, I've been reading like a book-worm for some time here, and I must agree, the amount of "real-world" advice and information available is absolutely staggering! Heh.. while I'm new to the sign business, I'm not new to "business" and when your only source of info is sales reps... well... leaves a fella a bit skeptical :rolleyes:

There's lots of questions I thought of posting, and I'm sure when I look hard enough, I'll find the answers to many already here :biggrin:

So, for today I thought I'd just introduce myself and move from "lurker" status to participant!

Name: "Conor Knoxx" - ok, not my real name :tongue: I do some (ahem - well... my wife would say "a lot" of..) online gaming, and this has become pretty much my "pen name" on most of those forums, so I just figured, for lack of a more creative idea "why not"...

Business - technically speaking, I'm in a computer retailer / service in small town, Ontario Canada :Canada 2: . Vinyl graphics/lettering/signs/ have been a bit of side-line / passing interest for my partner and I for just over a year now. More than a hobby, but not much more... we only produced cut vinyls and have a basic 36inch cutter.

Some recent changes in our market have prompted us to jump in "whole-hog / both feet"! :biggrin: While it has only been a few weeks, the results have been very encouraging! The learning curve has been steep, but we're surviving, and really having fun with it too!

So... this is my official "hello" to all, and I hope to post intelligent questions soon enough. Who knows, someday I might even be able to offer someone help :tongue: Meantime, I'll continue reading with enthusiasm!

:signs101: :U Rock: :thankyou:

:Coffee:

maddmd

Welcome from NJ and yes this is one great place to learn and also help others from time to time.:Welcome:

Ken

You may have read the good, the bad and the ugly here..but really it's all good. We're all growing here..so caustic remarks should be viewed as somone else learning. Whereabouts in Ontario?
Born and raised in Ottawa myself.
Cheers!
Ken

Conor Knoxx

You may have read the good, the bad and the ugly here..but really it's all good. We're all growing here..so caustic remarks should be viewed as somone else learning. Whereabouts in Ontario?
Born and raised in Ottawa myself.
Cheers!
Ken

Thanks Ken!

first, yep, I did come across some rather "heated" discussions in a few spots, but no worries. Folks just get passionate about their topic sometimes, and often, when you sift through the "feelings" there's some really great info / lessons to be learned there :thumb:

For the other part, LOL... I was born in Ottawa myself, though only lived there about 2 years. Now reside / work in a small town just outside of Kingston Ontario.