• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yet another signlab 8 dilemma

gabagoo

I used to be able to import tif files but now for over 6 months everytime I try ti import one the entire program shuts the moment you hit open on the file. WTF is with that?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Question: Do you have a USB stick or a memory card plugged in that isn't usually plugged in when you run SignLab?

If so, save the file to your hard drive and remove the stick/card and try again and see what happens.

I remember my SL8 doing this very thing, and it always happened when I had the photo card plugged in. It took me the longest time to figure out that it was the culprit.

As to why it happens, I'm still completely baffled.

JB

gabagoo

Running win 7 64 No cards plugged in, no usb's either except the dongle. I generally save files to the desktop then import from there

Bert Wondervan

I used to be able to import tif files but now for over 6 months everytime I try ti import one the entire program shuts the moment you hit open on the file. WTF is with that?

Something is wrong with your SignLab. Remove the installation and install it again (clean install)

Neil

Something fishy going on with that (those) tiff file(s).
Embedded layers/ gradient masks/other insidious PS type doin's.
Who uses tiff? Jpeg is fine - and it comes with everything flattened.

But the easy workaround for this, if I needed it, (and I have the exact same setup as you - SL8 with WIN7 64), would be to open the recalcitrant tiff in my viewer (Irfanview), press ctrl+C, switch to Signlab, press ctrl+V).
It even strips out those nasty embedded color profiles.