• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Z6100 canvas bubbles up and head strikes

MonsterBabyBLN

Dear community. I still love my Z6100. It lately started to happen on softer material like polyester canvas and now even thick 380g cotton canvas that after like 1.5m of printing the canvas folds up in the middle. Allowing the heads to strike and leave marks.
First it started with flag fabric. Now even canvas.
Something with the transportation obviously.
Do you think I need to replace or clean the vacuum plate? I do take care of the holes.
Or is it some wheels that get week?
One side seems to be faster than the other so the roll gets crooked and folds up in the middle..
Thnx for ideas

Vassago

Sounds like a problem with the feed rollers.. One side could be worn so the media doesn't advance the same on both sides.

ToTo

Professional Support
There might be something wrong with center or end support of the drive roller. You need to take off the pinch wheel assembly and check drive roller for straightness while putting pressure on it. Unfortunately this is not trivial and a lot to dismantle. And you won’t get a feedback until you have everything mounted and tested.

MonsterBabyBLN

There might be something wrong with center or end support of the drive roller. You need to take off the pinch wheel assembly and check drive roller for straightness while putting pressure on it. Unfortunately this is not trivial and a lot to dismantle. And you won’t get a feedback until you have everything mounted and tested.
Thanks. Yeah I think one side is moving faster than the other.