• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Zund Or Oce Procut

Bly

I'm looking at buying one or the other of these and of course am getting differing opinions from each of their sales people.
Has anyone had experience with both or even test driven each?
Which did you prefer?
I need to do it myself obviously but would like to hear opinions on software ease of use & workflow in the meantime.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Have you looked at iEcho? We just got one and we're pleasantly surprised at how well it compared to the Zund. Workflow is pretty manual right now but I hear Onyx is working on supporting in here in the near future and caldera just released in version 11 a driver for it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes the procut is a rebranded zund, even oce will tell you that.

So both if you're looking at the same machine just different name would be the same. The difference will the people who stand by the product. The guys at canon are brilliant and i would happily buy another product from them.
Also as far as i can tell, cannon don't cheap out on stuff like software it seems, So you'll get something that 100% works

Bly

Yeah I have an Oce flatbed & their service & tech support is worth the money.
The ProCut is a Zund with Canon software so there will be some differences for sure.
I've read a couple of comments that some people preferred the Zund software.
Lining up a demo of the Oce shortly so we'll see.
Just thought there may be users out there who live with these things and could give feedback.

tomence

Have you looked at iEcho? We just got one and we're pleasantly surprised at how well it compared to the Zund. Workflow is pretty manual right now but I hear Onyx is working on supporting in here in the near future and caldera just released in version 11 a driver for it.

The iEcho is a very promising machine, I think more people will need to look into it. It's on par with the higher ups that cost twice as much but are equally built.

Bly

A quick search shows no contact or support in our country so that's a bit of a drawback.

Oroscoe

Yes. I have been in this business long enough to understand that price isn't the most important aspect of a purchase. More often than not it is service. I know from experience that Zund and Esko both have excellent service. I have been around long enough to know a lot of people that own other machines and poor or unsatisfactory service is what I hear about most others. Except the two mentioned above.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes. I have been in this business long enough to understand that price isn't the most important aspect of a purchase. More often than not it is service. I know from experience that Zund and Esko both have excellent service. I have been around long enough to know a lot of people that own other machines and poor or unsatisfactory service is what I hear about most others. Except the two mentioned above.
Seeing as we own a iEcho and they are very responsive and have no issues with their level of service thus far I can say that this assumption you have is faulty. The fact that the iEcho is less than half the price of the similarly equipped Zund or Esko leaves the ability to buy the whole machine over again if there is critical failure paired with the fact that nearly every component on the iEcho is user serviceable and the parts are readily available upon breakdown it seems to be a good choice for anyone who is willing to get their hands dirty.

So do you own a Zund or Esko? Do you have first hand knowledge of their service. I know 2 shops that were burned by Zunds exit of the printing market and I know one shop with a Esko that has replaced the same cutting head 3 times due to a failure that Esko can't find.

Having run a Gerber in the past and demoing both the Zund and Esko options I can say that iEcho is a very competitive option and the only short coming is the software and set up process vs the other 2. Caldera has a driver for the iEcho now and Onyx is coming out with one soon.

To go back to Bly, I believe the Oce would be the best choice for you as after talking with our Oce rep it seems as if you would get dual support for the machine through Canon and Zund.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Seeing as we own a iEcho and they are very responsive and have no issues with their level of service thus far I can say that this assumption you have is faulty. The fact that the iEcho is less than half the price of the similarly equipped Zund or Esko leaves the ability to buy the whole machine over again if there is critical failure paired with the fact that nearly every component on the iEcho is user serviceable and the parts are readily available upon breakdown it seems to be a good choice for anyone who is willing to get their hands dirty.

So do you own a Zund or Esko? Do you have first hand knowledge of their service. I know 2 shops that were burned by Zunds exit of the printing market and I know one shop with a Esko that has replaced the same cutting head 3 times due to a failure that Esko can't find.

Having run a Gerber in the past and demoing both the Zund and Esko options I can say that iEcho is a very competitive option and the only short coming is the software and set up process vs the other 2. Caldera has a driver for the iEcho now and Onyx is coming out with one soon.

To go back to Bly, I believe the Oce would be the best choice for you as after talking with our Oce rep it seems as if you would get dual support for the machine through Canon and Zund.

In Australian, Oce/Canon has such a good rep with customer support.

I know someone who bought an absolute dog of a 350gt. It should have been retired. but the Oce guys pretty much fixed it and got it running for their client. They stand by their products.
One of their techs had to fix a broken Zund cutter. The client needed it working asap for some jobs but they couldn't get the part in until a week later. So the tech went home with the broken part, drew it up on CAD, printed it with his 3D printer, next morning he went back to the shop, put it on and got the machine running so they can get their jobs out.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

Bly

Pauly's right. Here Oce/Canon really go the extra mile.
I bought a used 360GT off them and they come the same/next day for even the most minor thing.
Their ProCut is priced the same as a Zund so it seems to be a no brainer at this stage.
Not that I expect much trouble but they are great with advice on running their equipment as well as service.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Pauly's right. Here Oce/Canon really go the extra mile.
I bought a used 360GT off them and they come the same/next day for even the most minor thing.
Their ProCut is priced the same as a Zund so it seems to be a no brainer at this stage.
Not that I expect much trouble but they are great with advice on running their equipment as well as service.

I'm quite sure that what ever software it comes with, It'll be linked to work with onyx. So you'll be able to put registration marks on the print and the procut will read it straight off the board and cut.
That's what i remember a few of them telling me.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We really love our Zund, but why isn't Summa or Esko on your shortlist?

Also, what are you primarily going to cut?

Bly

Esko don't have much of a presence here and Summa seem a more entry level option.
If I'm making this kind of investment it better be good for the long run.
Any Summa F series owners have experience otherwise?

We'll be cutting the usual sign/print shop stuff.
Corflute, Forex, foam boards, ACM, acrylic, paper, vinyl, Phototex.
And want to diversify a bit into packaging and thicker POS stands.
Basically want to be able to take on any print & cut job that we can get.

Oce came over and demoed their software last week.
Seems pretty well integrated and simple to use.

StevenGC

We have a Colex Sharpcut... no experience with others. Any problems I have is usually from inexperience and user error. Has definitely made life 1000x easier.

KevSign

We got used Esko C60 with Conveyor belt, loading roll, actually demo unit from HP show room in Atlanta for $120,000. We are using every day part of our productions, easy to learn all staffs cross training and any of them can bring the project and cut.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We got used Esko C60 with Conveyor belt, loading roll, actually demo unit from HP show room in Atlanta for $120,000. We are using every day part of our productions, easy to learn all staffs cross training and any of them can bring the project and cut.
For a second i thought you converted your Oce procut with Lipla ink when i saw you commenting on this thread....