• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10 mil poster paper for Roland

MrDesignGuy

I'm looking for a 10 mil poster paper that would have a profile to go along with it for the Roland Soljet Pro III XC-540 printer. Any suggestions would be helpful!!!

Slamdunkpro

I've tried several papers for solvent - My biggest issues have been that they aren't very white, most are more of an eggshell color and they don't dry fast enough to use the take up spool.

cdiesel

You can definitely print paper. We have used Oce outdoor poster paper. It's 212gm. I still prefer the GF Poly though.

ProColorGraphics

GF Poly is from Intelicoat I believe. It does print very nice and is a very high gloss material. Fairly inexpensive too. For me it has taken a little longer too dry.

MrDesignGuy

Care to elaborate on what kind of material it is...?

I'm looking for a heavier paper for indoor poster use, i guess for POP type signage. Intellicoat has a 10mil/212 gram paper but recommends printing only with true solvent inks, not eco-solvent. Oce' carries the same exact paper, but from my understanding, they buy it directly from Intellicoat and sell it as there own. This wouldn't work either. Roland offers and 9 mil photobase paper and a 7.5 mil Glossy Poster paper. I use them both and have had great results, yet a client of mine has specifically asked for a heavier paper then this. I've used a product similar to GFPoly called Pop-Up. It's a 10 mil polyester banner material, works great for banners stands and tradeshow graphics. I'm curious though how the conversion from these films relate to the thickness of poster paper. I know the 10 mil poly film is definitely thicker than 10 mil poster paper. Why is this?