• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10" Octagon Coro Blanks

S

scarface

Hey guys, I have a customer needing 25 single sided, 1 color with stakes 10" Octagon yard signs.

I looked in stouse and they have 9x9" and offer 125 pieces and up.

I usually use harbor sales for my supplies but not sure if they can cut to shape coro for me (it's Sunday so i can't call)

About posts, I'm not sure what to do for these, I use 2 wire stakes.

Any ideas where to get these?

Thanks!

sjm

Think your sol, octagon signs, just thinking of the waste even for 1 colour on a Sunday you'll be paying a premium.

Malkin

We have a 24" guillotine that is basically like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/General-Binding-Corporation-TRIMMER-CLASSIC/dp/B000SBETDK
although ours is at least 30 years old.
It's great at chopping 4mm coro, just keep your fingers out of it. For signs like this I would first cut the 10" signs to squares, then tape on a jig to chop off the corners.

For just this one small order you could just rig up a jig from excess coro & cut them by hand on your workbench.

S

scarface

nvm im just going to tell the customer it's a minimum of 125 (stouse) or he can choose a standard shape if he wants only 25. Thanks anyway guys.

UPDATE: guy said he got them for $8 each from some guy so i told him that's fine but i won't be doing them that cheap because the time i'll have to cut them down and hopefully they are the exact same isn't worth $200 IMO and outsourcing them to stouse would be a better match, working smarter not harder

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
scar.....

This whole thing makes no sense. With a jig in place you could cut these out in about 15 minutes or so. Where do you come up with these high quotas [125 pcs] ?? This whole setup can only cost you maybe about $75 or so. What's with the 125 minimum ?? Are you not checking out all of your options or something ??

S

scarface

the 125 is if i used stouse, I'm not worried about it. Take some, you lose some.

I would have printed the design, mounted onto the blanks but every cut had to be on the money for them to line up right and i just think it would have been easier to turn the job away IMO

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, since this thread is out in the open, I won't go into how to do this, but I think you just turned away a rather profitable job. Maybe you think it was beneath you, but when you consider your material costs and time...... $8.00 is good. You could've made some good money in less than an hours time.

If you want to know... PM me.

Mosh

You do know the formula for doing octogons right????? How much to cut off each side...old signman trick.