• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10 years down...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I posted five years ago about my five-years-in-business anniversary. I'm not going to post every five years....but 10 is a big one, so yeah, I'm posting. :)

When I started the business in 2011, my intent was to provide surveys, transport, and installation services for other sign companies. I also sold non-illuminated signs to those in the sign industry and those not. The installation side of things got so busy that I've eliminated virtually every other service except installation. So 100% of what I do now is install for other sign companies.

At the time, other than Texas, I had installed in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Tennessee. Since then I've installed in Louisiana again as well as Colorado, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York and Pennsylvania.

National Installs:

Screen Shot 10-05-21 at 10.43 AM.PNG

Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex Installs:

Screen Shot 10-05-21 at 11.35 AM.PNG

Austin, Houston & San Antonio Installs:

Screen Shot 10-05-21 at 11.37 AM.PNG

I've been fortunate that Covid has had virtually zero effect on the installation side of things. If anything, it seems like businesses have used it as a chance to update and add signs. Other than normal month-to-month installs that usually involve a few hundred signs, multiple sets of dimensional letters, vinyl installs, etc., this year alone I've had a few larger projects. One involved the installation of approximately 35,000 square feet of vinyl. Another consisted of approximately 12,000 desk and room ID signs, another had 5,000±, another had 4,000± and I have another 4,500± to complete by the end of November. Busy, busy!

I hope everyone else's businesses are staying healthy, as well!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Congratulations on your milestone! Our 10 year anniversary was in 2020 - we were going to have a big party - but our state was shut down at the time.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Congrats and hope you have many more years of work anniversaries.

Thank you, sir.

Congratulations on your milestone! Our 10 year anniversary was in 2020 - we were going to have a big party - but our state was shut down at the time.

Congrats to you, as well! Yeah, 2020 didn't work out too well for parties.

Looks like you're the sign mogul of Dallas!

I'd rather be the sign mogul of McCall. :smile:

Way cool! :rock-n-roll: Here's to 10 more years.

Thank you!

Congrats Moze! Any plans for improvement over the next 10? Or just wait and see what Dewalt puts out next?

Same... well I mean it was our 100 year, but just the same THANKS COVID

Thanks! I'm always watching DeWalt, no matter what lol.

As far as improvements, things are going pretty well. I don't think there are any glaring ones that need to be made. I have excellent customers that pay well and on time. I have a few people that I use occasionally to help out on installs and they're all great.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Congrats Moze... I see lots of logos up here in Frisco/Prosper.

Did you personally do the ones up North in those other states or sub out?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Congrats Moze... I see lots of logos up here in Frisco/Prosper.

Did you personally do the ones up North in those other states or sub out?

Thanks!

Yeah, tons of growth up that way that keeps me buried.

I did all of the out of state ones but had helpers come on a couple of them (ie: when there are 6,000 signs in a single building).

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Congrats! Very cool!

May I ask how you built the maps you have on your post? Those are nicely done, are you making it my hand in illustrator or something?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Congrats! Very cool!

May I ask how you built the maps you have on your post? Those are nicely done, are you making it my hand in illustrator or something?

Thanks!

I make it in Google Maps. If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll give a more detailed breakdown.

ProSignTN

Well, they won't overlook a player of your caliber. Hopefully you will be able to work with them. If not for them pays well, too.

rodp53

Congratulations. But coming from the UK the miles you must cover are phenomenal o_O. And, I have to ask, who the hell has 12.000 desks? I don't think there's a company in the UK that big.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Well, they won't overlook a player of your caliber. Hopefully you will be able to work with them. If not for them pays well, too.

I don't do any electrical work, so our paths don't really align too often. I've done survey work for Wakefield, which is a YESCO company, but that's about it.

Congrats Moze! You found your Niche and made it work! :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you!

Congratulations. But coming from the UK the miles you must cover are phenomenal o_O. And, I have to ask, who the hell has 12.000 desks? I don't think there's a company in the UK that big.

The desks were for a large bank and they were spread out between a few buildings. The largest was 53 stories and had around 7000.

Last edited:

rodp53

The desks were for a large bank and they were spread out between a few buildings. The largest was 53 stories and had around 7000.

Ah, I see. There may be some big banks in London, don't think 53 stories though. It's a place I never go, dirty filthy doghole of a place liked by Londoners only. Having said that, I've worked with a few and they were sound blokes so it's the city attitude, not the people.(and they were glad to get out of London). Banks around here are usually single or double story with maybe a couple of dozen staff at most. Some situated in beautiful Victorian buildings with Gothic arches over doors and windows, mostly listed buildings though so very limited to the signage they can erect.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Congrats, 10 years is a solid business anniversary to make. Let us know before you retire so we can sell off our DeWalt stock.