• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10mm coroplast for outdoor sign?

Spencer McMurtry

is it a bad idea to use 10mm coroplast a bad idea to use for a outdoor sign? what kind of life does this material have when in direct sunlight, the sign i am doing has a lot of black in it. the sign does not need to last longer than a year.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One year shouldn't be a problem at all, but it only comes in white. Are you printing directly on it, digital prints applied or die-cut vinyl ??

Pat Whatley

Gino, I get 10mm coro in eight different colors and the colors hold up for a couple of years before fading.

One year outdoors is no problem. My real estate clients that use it for their 4x8 signs are getting about 5 years out of it. We don't have a problem with it getting brittle, our problem is the stuff turns gray. It's almost like road film stains it.

Craig Sjoquist

yup it turns gray with road grime look within 3 years it is looking bad, ya can not wash it off scrap or peel vinyl from
but for under 3 years life works great as long as you don't mind the cardboard look

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, I get 10mm coro in eight different colors and the colors hold up for a couple of years before fading.

One year outdoors is no problem. My real estate clients that use it for their 4x8 signs are getting about 5 years out of it. We don't have a problem with it getting brittle, our problem is the stuff turns gray. It's almost like road film stains it.

I never knew that. I just called two of my suppliers and asked them why they never told me of the colors. No, they didn't say.... YOU DIDN'T ASK, but they said it would be a special order and could take at least 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and they couldn't control the prices since its not an everyday product. What crock of crap.

Anyway, we print all this stuff now anyway, so the colors wouldn't do me any good, but at least I know something else new. :thankyou: