• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 Colors Changed Mid Job

Biker Scout

So there I was happily printing out some banners, with deep burgundy hues. I got to the last banner of 4, and mid way through, there was an odd color shift. A really noticeable color shift... the kind that forces you to stop the job and scrap the banner. Really frustrating to say the least.

Checked ink lines, cartridges etc... everything appears to be tip top.

Things aren't very "Red" anymore.

I'm using the same 2 profiles that I've always used since day one when I got the machine. I've never had any problems with it like this. If I print out some test squares, the red is kinda more orangish. No more "POP" like it had before the banner incident.

Does anyone know where I should begin looking? I don't really have time to re-profile. I've got a big job due by Friday. Of course it's supposed to be Red and I'm freaking out! All the profiles are doing the same thing... lacking in the "Red" department. Magenta squares look fine... yellow squares look fine, but when it comes to items being Red, well they are weak on any setting.

Firmware 1.16, Using PM

:frustrated:

Has anyone heard of this before?

P

ProWraps™

can you post a pic of the exact spot of the color shift?

Biker Scout

OK, I'm unable to show the banner... that's already been shredded, burned and then recycled! :wavingflag:

However, I'm able to reproduce the effects seen in the screen shot. I scanned both of those just now.

Please ignore the content... we sometimes make vanity plates for people's garages, (or wherever) when they want something that the DMV won't print, or as gag gifts. 3M Reflective White Vinyl, Aluminum Blanks etc...

Notice the red below, (I just printed) doesn't match the earlier version. Nothing in our shop has changed. I'm the only one who uses the machine, and ink hasn't been added or OS, Software upgrades or anything like that.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 94
G

gps-hi

based on your inputs so far, it would seem to suggest a problem with your print head. But to be safe, go through all the standard checks. Run a cleaning, pull and reinsert you magenta, and/or replace with a new one.

As it happened mid print, I would rule out substrate, ink, and settings issues. Which leaves mechanical, electronic, or electrical faults.

P

ProWraps™

if you didnt change ink levels in the software end, reasonable error checking would show a hardware issue. how much time on the printer and or print head?