• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204VJ captop replacement

Valentino

Does anyone have instructions or insight into replacing the captop? I have the maintenance manual and it has a worthless image of the MS and an arrow.

FatCat

Often wondered about this, but in the end I just replaced the whole MS. If anyone has a step by step instruction set I'd like to know too!

Robert M

Cap top

As Mutoh only sells the complete station you will not see anything from them. if I was you I would pull the complete station and clean it up rather then just trying to change the cap, I know guys who can do it but your first time may be easier with it out of the printer. Make sure you clean around the wiper area as it collects ink in the track. Check all the tubes as ink builds up in them.

Mutoh does sell just the cap part #DG-41179. I do have instructions for cleaning and repairing the Maint. station. If you would like it, pm me.

Robert M

Dg-41179

I stand corrected. Never noticed it before, funny Mutoh only shows it for use in the 1304 model when it should work in the 1204 and 1604 as well.