• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

13' Box Truck - Straight Cut Vinyl

CL Graphics

I'm not braggin. Its just that he's being told he didnt charge enough and I am saying he did alright on it. Especially since since he used 651. Probably didnt have a $100 in materials. Even with cast vinyl your looking at $200 in materials and 2 guys can do that thing start to finish in way less than a day with scaffolding.

B Snyder

I didn't comment if he "did alright" or not.

You were told he got $2,300 for it with, as you say, $100 worth of material and you replied that you could wrap it (vinyl, ink, laminate, printer, laminator, etc...is more $ any way you add it up) for less. Sure, you could sell the job for less, but why would you when the cost to produce it is significantly more?

B Snyder

I don't think there would be a significant difference between the time it would take to apply the cut vinyl design shown in the first image on this page and wrapping it fully.

JAMEY

I hope a lot of people that read this post got an education too. Most important lesson, IMHO, is that when it's your business you need to be a leader and be in control of it. These sort of nightmare jobs occur when you believe "We gotta do what makes the customer happy..." and allow the client to dictate everything.

For sure buddy. I will NEVER let a customer do that to me again. Even if it is my brother's best friend.

I hated putting calendered over rivets. Those rivets, high winds, and my refusing to spend any more of my money (lift or scaffolding) is the only reason it took so long. It also didn't help that we were working in a tight area out if the back of a rack truck. The next morning, he had the trucks all rearranged so I had to spend an 45 minutes moving them around just to get started. I was pissed. He just had to have it that way...and like a fool...I listened just to shut his pie hole up.

I told him...do not associate me with that job...it was HIS job HIS way.

Also...about wrapping it for the same price. Well...that would never happen because he got another pick-up done as shown above, 30 two-color/sided thermo-flex cut/pressed t-shirts, 10 two-color/sided thermo-flex cut/pressed hoodies, 5 two-color thermo-flex cut/pressed flex -fit hats, 1 two-color thermo-flex cut/pressed Dickies jacket, and 50 UV Printed yard signs with stakes. Not just one box truck done in calendered.

JR's

Hey buttons, I would agree with you that my grammar is poor and my spelling even worse.
But for him to make a blanket statement like that is just absurd.

Why would you be proud of wrapping a full box truck for less. Considering design time. Insurance. Overhead. Mockup.
You have to make profit, because there is going to be sometimes you're not working. And if you didn't make profit. You're going to have to close your doors.

It just blows my mind that people want to compete on price when they don't realize they are giving away their work.
And before you know it. Their out of business selling their equipment to someone else to start the whole mess all over again.

It wasn't so bad a long time ago, when you competed with someone that would letter a truck for a case of beer. He can only do so much work, and he was out of commission for Half of the week.
Now, these guys are pumping out a lot of work, and there'll around for a while before they realize they are not making ends meet.

But thanks for the correction.

JR.

Flame

Your response should have been "You're an idiot". Your response of "your a idiot" makes you look dumber than him.

I noticed too....but seriously, mr. buttons. Is this 5th grade? Or did you never learn the whole social/get along with others thing? We all got what we was saying. A minor error in someone's grammar hardly make them look as much as of an idiot, as the guy who goes "neer neer neerrrrrr" about it.

Sheesh!

alright that said. Sir.... you would've never posted this thread unless you felt like you didn't make out well. Right? Obviously you let this guy boss your around a bit, it kind of stung, and yes, I do believe he came out ahead in this deal.

buttons

I noticed too....but seriously, mr. buttons. Is this 5th grade? Or did you never learn the whole social/get along with others thing? We all got what we was saying. A minor error in someone's grammar hardly make them look as much as of an idiot, as the guy who goes "neer neer neerrrrrr" about it.

I have no problem getting along with others BUT when you're in the business to make signs (which involve spelling/grammar) it'd probably be a good idea to show that you're somewhat educated. :toasting:

Flame

I have no problem getting along with others BUT when you're in the business to make signs (which involve spelling/grammar) it'd probably be a good idea to show that you're somewhat educated. :toasting:

You just capitalized all 3 letters of "BUT". Would you normally do that on a sign?

Seriously, chill.

Firefox

Perhaps he wants a BIG but! My wife wants a small butt, I would just like to get a little... :Oops: To each his/her own:Big Laugh

JAMEY

Sir.... you would've never posted this thread unless you felt like you didn't make out well. Right? Obviously you let this guy boss your around a bit, it kind of stung, and yes, I do believe he came out ahead in this deal.

You are 100% right Flame! I am hoping others will learn something from this. Never let people (even if they are your brother's best friend) push you into something you feel is wrong...even if it is just to shut him up. He came out far ahead in the whole deal and acts like he didn't pretty much. It does irk me.