• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1324x damper changing instructions

Keevan

Good afternoon,

Anyone can provide me with exact detailed instructions on how to change the dampers on the 1324x correctly?

Do the dampers need to be primed with a syringe?

I have attempted to change dampers and used digiprint generic types but always I end up with missing nozzles. i have tried 5 sets and no luck. If the problem is the damper then as many members have saif that generic dampers do not work at all, I will purchase a set of original Mutoh dampers.

I would then like to follow the instruction manual exactly as the original Mutoh dampers are not cheap and I don't want to risk damaging them.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
You have to rewove the head to replace solenoids (Mutoh calls dampers this). When removing the ink lines turn clockwise. Be very careful you don't drip ink into the cables or the head.
No don't prime them just do a little charge.

Keevan

Thanks for your response! As I said I have attempted it before by apparently its not my technique it is just the generic dampers that can't work for whatever reason...

A technical service manual would be appreciated also if anyone has it!

Dzignpro

You have to rewove the head to replace solenoids (Mutoh calls dampers this). When removing the ink lines turn clockwise. Be very careful you don't drip ink into the cables or the head.
No don't prime them just do a little charge.
Nowhere in the service manual does it say to pull the head when changing the dampers. Now when replacing the head, that's the time to replace the dampers as well. I'm getting ready to swap digiprints dampers with the 13 year old Mutoh originals that have finally wore out. I'm missing a bunch of black nozzles in the left quadrant of the nozzle check patterns, less than 5 yellow and two magenta. One thing I've learned through this preparation has been following advice from Mutoh. They say once a year to replace dampers and the maintenance station for a normally used printer. Also take out the cartridges periodically and shake them. Well, the plandemic messed it all up, left me 130 miles from my shop vacant. I'm a small fish in the sign business and I normally don't use my printer for months sometimes. I tried head soaks, and they help to get up and running for about 3 to 6 panels of 10' printed photos. Time to dig in...I have been given advice from several techs and am about to do the job, probably in a couple of days.

henryp

Good afternoon,

Anyone can provide me with exact detailed instructions on how to change the dampers on the 1324x correctly?

Do the dampers need to be primed with a syringe?

I have attempted to change dampers and used digiprint generic types but always I end up with missing nozzles. i have tried 5 sets and no luck. If the problem is the damper then as many members have saif that generic dampers do not work at all, I will purchase a set of original Mutoh dampers.

I would then like to follow the instruction manual exactly as the original Mutoh dampers are not cheap and I don't want to risk damaging them.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!
Please see attached screenshots, when using genuine Mutoh valve dampers, you need to flush them with cleaning solution before inking
ice_screenshot_20210928-100454.png
ice_screenshot_20210928-100515.png
ice_screenshot_20210928-100700.png
ice_screenshot_20210928-100718.png
ice_screenshot_20210928-100454.png ice_screenshot_20210928-100515.png ice_screenshot_20210928-100700.png ice_screenshot_20210928-100718.png